Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to buy Knauf Space Blanket - insulation

• 23-02-2010 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Does anyone know where I can buy this product:

Knauf Space Blanket Kingsize-
    Width: 1140mm
    Length: 4000mm
    Thickness: 200mm

They costs £10 sterling per roll in the UK

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

both b&q and homebase stock this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

ha ha everyone here must think i work for b&q but they definately have it. saw it with me own two eyes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,756 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I don't think the b&q one is 200mm deep, on the sticker they recommend two boards on top of 100mm fibreglass to meet the 300mm fibreglass recommendation.

Using kingspan boards + plywood to do the same myself (attic eave insulation).

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭macuser56

yes not sure B&Q have the size I need- the 200mm thick kingsize. I tried them before and they didn't have them. PLus you can't check stock online.
    I am in Wicklow and its a bit of a trip to get there to find all gone.

I tried to phone but they are not helpful- can't check produces or hold them for me.

Just thought there might be a company I could order it from and ask for delivery?

I'd give someone like Brooks Thomas a ring and see if they have a suitable equvilant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I got them in Homebase before on a 2 for 1 special

unfortunately no luck-

B&Q Liffey Valley and Tallaght don't have any in stock

Homebase only have the smaller sizes- not the kingsize

Brookes don't sotck them either.

Just very hard to find these and really wanted to order a lot for delivery.

Thanks

Surely Kingspan have a (better) equiv.?

the advantage of the space blanket kingsize was that is is 4m by 1m, and has a r value of of 4.5.

any suggestions of an equivalent which can be delivered- b&q don't deliver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭martin46585

just bought B&q space combi rolls (fibre glass)only £8.48 in the north ..Rv 3.85 area of 8mts per roll, though the space blanket (wrapped in foil)only covers 1.5mts and has a Rv of 4.5 and is £5.68.
    if you have a good distance to travel you might perhap reserve and collect, craigavon store would be a good first choice,,,,,,,,

• Advertisement

I thought you had said space board, sorry. The space blanket is nice to work with being fully encapsulated.

yes it is great to use, and the kingsize covers a great area. Very easy to install.

I just an baffled that there is no one in Ireland who can sell me this and deliver. I have also tried UK firms, but again can't find anyone to deliver here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Why not try the Homebase store on the Naas Rd. This is a good time to buy as they have 50% off and 2 for 1 deals. Have you a friend with a van? Load it up and have it finished by match - time !!

Advertisement