Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good, but cheap mechanic

Options
  • 23-02-2010 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭

howdy all,
    i have a ford focus here thats not starting anymore, got the jump leads at it and it worked, took it for a good long spin and it was going fine. tried starting it again a few hours later and its gone again.
    my hunch is its the battery, anyone here know of a good but fairly cheap mechanic that can do call outs, to the college heights region?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

went to lavertys in the finish.
    they came out, picked up the car this morning, put in a new battery, did a few other checks and rang me to tell me it was ready.
    100 euro for the lot. seems like a fair price, call outs usually cost 40-50 quid on their own, then the cost of the battery and labour cost.
    happy enough with giving the 100 euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Ah man I would have done it for you for free :D

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭drogsnookerclub

Had to get a service and a new clutch there recently, went to gormonston tyre center ,saved a packet, it'll be small garages from now on for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

draffodx wrote: »
    Ah man I would have done it for you for free :D

mite have to hold ya to that if she wobbles on me again so!

Advertisement