Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

300 win mag recoil

Options
  • 23-02-2010 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

I had a few lads ask what the recoil is like for my 300 wm....so I put together some footage off my phone whilst i was zeroing it in on sunday...my buddy with me was zeroing in a 300 rem ultra mag with out a muzzle break, that had some kick..I edited this at 1/2 speed
    th_Movie_0001.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

that answers the question, fair play to you for going above and beond in answering everyone's question.

where do you get the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

there a gud job ,iv one for my 270 cant say there is any recoil.

the blast takes a little getting used to , use it on dry clay or sand it will get it every where .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

jwshooter wrote: »
    there a gud job ,iv one for my 270 cant say there is any recoil.

the blast takes a little getting used to , use it on dry clay or sand it will get it every where .

I have no blast holes in the bottom side of the break so its only blasting left and right and out the top so nowt dirt is getting kicked up from the bottom...;)
    like i said in my previous post about the build....many pots of coffeeeeeee and got it sorted.I av all bases covered mate.

poulo6.5 wrote: »
    that answers the question, fair play to you for going above and beond in answering everyone's question.

where do you get the time.

I dont have a life....just my good Mrs and my Hobbie.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

i know the feeling...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

That video won't play on either of my computers for some reason. Odd. Ah well, hopefully see the thing in action down in the Midlands at some point. Last week of the season, so hope you get a chance to blood it. (Same as my Sako)

That video won't play on either of my computers for some reason. Odd. Ah well, hopefully see the thing in action down in the Midlands at some point. Last week of the season, so hope you get a chance to blood it. (Same as my Sako)

Its working mate....You might have to pedal faster:D
    Its will be in the back seat tomorrow at stupid oclock for a trip to Kerry...

Weird, it works on the home computer now. (Hamsters might have been in the gym) That looks very comfortable. Would be interested in seeing how it is with 180gr loads and no break for comparison. I hope you have a decent story to tell about it tonight.

Weird, it works on the home computer now. (Hamsters might have been in the gym) That looks very comfortable. Would be interested in seeing how it is with 180gr loads and no break for comparison. I hope you have a decent story to tell about it tonight.
    No story tnight...but I did take a mate out that wants to get into the deer and I let him take one........Got it on video for him....
    Clive bagged a nice deer so all up was a good day
    Yourself?

dwighet wrote: »
    No story tnight...but I did take a mate out that wants to get into the deer and I let him take one........Got it on video for him....
    Clive bagged a nice deer so all up was a good day
    Yourself?

Was out target shooting today, hoping to whack a few crows for the farmer but there was nothing landing. Groups were good, 1/2" to 1" at a hundred yards, but I popped into one of my permissions today and he said there are some deer fairly consistently in one of his fields, so I'll have a yomp over there tomorrow afternoon after I shoot a match in UCD, so I'll hopefully have a shot tomorrow, close the season up nicely. Considering blowing off college on monday if I don't luck out tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Was out target shooting today, hoping to whack a few crows for the farmer but there was nothing landing. Groups were good, 1/2" to 1" at a hundred yards, but I popped into one of my permissions today and he said there are some deer fairly consistently in one of his fields, so I'll have a yomp over there tomorrow afternoon after I shoot a match in UCD, so I'll hopefully have a shot tomorrow, close the season up nicely. Considering blowing off college on monday if I don't luck out tomorrow.

dont shoot monday...its out of season mate

dwighet wrote: »
    dont shoot monday...its out of season mate

Weird, for some reason I thought tomorrow was the 27th, bugger. Only one day left so. :(

Advertisement