Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault Megane Hatch/Coupe?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭ciaran75

no didn't even think about asking him.

whats that about 500 extra for 5 years rather than 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Gitb1

ciaran75 wrote: »
    thanks for that, i'll give them a ring and see what they can do for me.

the guys in renault blanch say about 4 weeks but could have it as soon as 2 as apparently there is a huge shipment coming over now and the fact they sell so many they should get one no problem. well so he said anyway.

I wasn't rang about this :(

I'll ring Bill Cullen himself if it means I get my car sooner :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Bill Cullen has nothing to do with Renault Blanch afaik, Renault control the distribution in Ireland now although he does have a couple of dealerships under the Bill Cullen Motor Group or Citygate, whatever it's called, Airside and Liffey Valley are two of them anyway.

Ugh just got off the phone with them I'm still waiting till the end of April at the earliest

I might have missed this, but is this Blanch ? And for what car and when did you order ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭anneboleyn

I bought the coupe last July - first car I bought in years as I'd had company cars.. absolutely love it - Have two dogs and can easily use the boot as a hatchback when I take the parcel shelf out - not a huge amount of leg room in the back, so definitely a car for a single or couple rather than a family car. Bought mine from Bill Cullen at Liffey Valley you could also try Joe Mallon in Naas, my Dad's bought cars from him for years ..

Jip wrote: »
    I might have missed this, but is this Blanch ? And for what car and when did you order ?

i ordered one today from navan and am getting it within a week to 10 days.
    i was lucky as they ordered in a few in anticipation of them selling well.

the guys in blanchardstown renault told me the other day a megane dynamique 5 door 1.5 dci would be about 4 weeks but they expected it to be sooner like 2 weeks but couldn't confirm. maybe try these.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Macca3000

So have a test drive in the pro_ceed booked on Monday. For the 1.6CRDi 115bhp, 3 edition, metallic and delivery I got quoted 16455 including all scrappage, bonuses and bargaining.

And I don't know why I do this to myself but I went into Ford garage today. For the Focus style 1.6TDCi, bluetooth, alloys, metallic and delivery - 19000euro. Outside my budget but I would in a heartbeat if I could find the money.

Fiesta 1.4TDCi, with the above for 14500. Although the new model is very nice, after driving a fiesta for 8 years now I want to move up a level if you get me.

i ordered one today from navan and am getting it within a week to 10 days.
    i was lucky as they ordered in a few in anticipation of them selling well.

the guys in blanchardstown renault told me the other day a megane dynamique 5 door 1.5 dci would be about 4 weeks but they expected it to be sooner like 2 weeks but couldn't confirm. maybe try these.

What colour did you order? I was looking for Ocean Blue and this seemed to be the reason I would have the long wait. If I wanted the ash grey (standard forecourt display car) I could pretty much drive one away there and then.

I ordered a coupe on the 27th of Jan from Liffey Valley. I was busy so I got mammy to ring they told her they're trying to up their delivery but the next delivery is mainly hatches and not coupes

• Advertisement

Macca3000 wrote: »
    What colour did you order? I was looking for Ocean Blue and this seemed to be the reason I would have the long wait. If I wanted the ash grey (standard forecourt display car) I could pretty much drive one away there and then.

i got the black.

i think that black/silver/ash grey are the most popular ones by far and much quicker to get. anything other than the normal takes more time unfortunately.

i got the black.

i think that black/silver/ash grey are the most popular ones by far and much quicker to get. anything other than the normal takes more time unfortunately.

Just gor a call from Renault in Navan. They're expecting a big delivery but as you said only in those colours. At the time I did mention black and he said with this delivery I could have by next Saturday or a fewe days after.
    Very tempting but I'm going to wait to test the pro_ceed first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

You'd get a really well specced 09 1.6 tdci focus up north with low mileage for less than 17,000 incl vrt (€2840). I'd put that way ahead of a slightly newer renault/kia. The focus is a fantastic car. Just a thought

http://www.usedcarsni.com/search_results.php?make=7&model=908&search_type=1&dealer=&age_from=2009&age_to=2010&fuel_type=2&keywords=&location[]=-1&location[]=85&location[]=86&location[]=87&location[]=88&location[]=89&location[]=90&price_from=0&price_to=15000&sortby=&trans_type=0&grtkey=1267194837_73e38c438ec81a84fb038c7f4caf4333

Just copy and paste that entire link to see plenty of examples. Here's just one example at what you could get:

http://www.usedcarsni.com/31733664?grtkey=1267195510_64c124766e0f27663432044612c36267

€13,000 for the car
    €2,000 VRT

Beautiful 09 focus zetec for €15,000 and €2000 left over and whatever you can flog the fiesta for privately.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

GStormcrow wrote: »
    You'd get a really well specced 09 1.6 tdci focus up north with low mileage for less than 17,000 incl vrt (€2840). I'd put that way ahead of a slightly newer renault/kia. The focus is a fantastic car. Just a thought

http://www.usedcarsni.com/search_results.php?make=7&model=908&search_type=1&dealer=&age_from=2009&age_to=2010&fuel_type=2&keywords=&location[]=-1&location[]=85&location[]=86&location[]=87&location[]=88&location[]=89&location[]=90&price_from=0&price_to=15000&sortby=&trans_type=0&grtkey=1267194837_73e38c438ec81a84fb038c7f4caf4333

Just copy and paste that entire link to see plenty of examples

Does that really sound like a bargain to you? Or are you just a sheep who believes that NI is the land of Milk and Honey?

There are plenty of used 2009 Focus's on Carzone which could be had for €17,000 or less.

But that's beside the point - they are looking at new cars, not imported used cars.

R.O.R wrote: »
    Does that really sound like a bargain to you? Or are you just a sheep who believes that NI is the land of Milk and Honey?

There are plenty of used 2009 Focus's on Carzone which could be had for €17,000 or less.

But that's beside the point - they are looking at new cars, not imported used cars.

If you bothered check carzone before posting your assumption that anyone who looks up north for a car is a "sheep" and somehow deluded into thinking that NI is the be all and end all for used cars you wouldnt have found a 09 zetec for 15. You'll get a lower spec style for about 16 grand alright but the uk cars are usually specced better.

You sound like you're just one of those anti-uk/ni people. Keep the money in the south blah blah. Sorry but if I can get a better car for cheaper up north then thats where I'd go.

No NI is not the solution for all cars and there are many examples where buying from the south is better but in this case I think the OP is better off looking at an 09 model focus. They have said they really want a focus but cant afford it so does it not seem like a reasonable suggestion.

Excuse me for trying to be helpful. Next time, think before you post :rolleyes:

It's just your opinion that it's a better car, doesn't make it fact.

Yes thats my opinion. I have driven both the new 2010 coupe and an 09 focus and the focus was imo better. Both good cars though and I quite like the diesel megane coupe. Would I buy either if I had 15k to spend? No. But I was suggesting it based on the fact that the OP mentioned on more than one occasion that the focus would be their car of choice if they could afford it. Just another option I thought they could consider if they really wanted the focus :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

If you bothered check carzone before spouting your drivel you wouldnt have found a 09 zetec for 15. You'll get a lower spec style for about 16 grand alright but the uk cars are usually specced better.

You sound like you're just one of those anti-uk/ni people. Keep the money in the south blah blah. Sorry but if I can get a better car for cheaper up north then thats where I'd go.

No NI is not the solution for all cars and there are many examples where buying from the south is better but in this case I think the OP is better off looking at an 09 model focus. They have said they really want a focus but cant afford it so does it not seem like a reasonable suggestion.

Excuse me for trying to be helpful. Next time, think before you post :rolleyes:

€15,000 wasn't the point. €17,000 landed is where you were looking. That can get you a nice Zetec, or maybe a very late 09 Style with all but an armrest. Advertised prices on Carzone are not what people buy for, but Advertised prices on Autotrader NI are more or less what you pay.

Ford UK and Ford Ireland cars are now aligned to a certain degree. The UK get more engine options and a couple of extra models, but standard specification is generally similar. However, I've just checked Ford.co.uk and Bluetooth and Heated Front Windscreen are both extra on the Style whereas they are standard in Ireland. This is the case with a few Manufacturer's now with higher spec in Ireland.

I don't need to think before I post, I know because it's my job as well as an interest. Perhaps you need to research a bit more before making suggestions?

Anyway, back to the topic of how cheap Renaults are and how good Enda in Joe Norris is ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 highlow

Sorry not trying to hijack this thread. I’m thinking too of getting a Megane, the 1.5 Coupe to be exact. What I was wondering is this whole scrappage thing. I’ve got a 9 year old car so wont be able to avail of the government allowance, so I have to trade in my banger for the €3,100 trade in allowance I take it? And than everyone gets the scrappage allowance of €1,500 that Renault are offering, as well is it? So I’ll have to they want roughly €16,300 of me? Have people found that we a bit of haggling the dealers will take a bit more off?

Sorry with the elementary questions just want to ask them here instead of looking like a fool in front of a car dealer!!

Just copy and paste that entire link to see plenty of examples. Here's just one example at what you could get:

http://www.usedcarsni.com/31733664?grtkey=1267195510_64c124766e0f27663432044612c36267

€13,000 for the car
    €2,000 VRT

Beautiful 09 focus zetec for €15,000 and €2000 left over and whatever you can flog the fiesta for privately.

Where I'd have no real problem with buying in the North( we joined the EU for a reason) I'd just be worried that if something went wrong with the car I'd have difficulty getting it fixed in a Ford dealer in the south. And Don't really fancy traipsing up North if things go wrong. Of course Ford are in the main reliable, we've always been a Ford driving family and never had any serious problems, so in general it probably wouldn't be a problem. It's just the notion of what if.

• Advertisement

highlow wrote: »
    Sorry not trying to hijack this thread. I’m thinking too of getting a Megane, the 1.5 Coupe to be exact. What I was wondering is this whole scrappage thing. I’ve got a 9 year old car so wont be able to avail of the government allowance, so I have to trade in my banger for the €3,100 trade in allowance I take it? And than everyone gets the scrappage allowance of €1,500 that Renault are offering, as well is it? So I’ll have to they want roughly €16,300 of me? Have people found that we a bit of haggling the dealers will take a bit more off?

Sorry with the elementary questions just want to ask them here instead of looking like a fool in front of a car dealer!!

Yes for the basic coupe. However I got quoted 17000 for the monaco version, the next one up. So for 700 euro you get a better spec car. That's got to be worth thinking about. This was in Navan Renault.

That's including government scrappage of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭ZoneAlarm

Just to let people know, Blanchardstown Renault is no longer a Renault Dealer since the 8th of March, their Dealership was taken off them, so that is prob why you are going to have to wait the extra time for your car, as their own dealership members will get their quota first ;)

Really, they still have all the signage up saying otherwise, as well as the website and phone system ? They are however gone from the Renault.ie website. How will that affect servicing etc for current customers, just head to one of the only 3 left in Dublin ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

What the hell is going on with Renault? Are the pulling the franchises (Sandyford,Blanch) or are they being handed back. Bizarre when sales are finally picking up and worrying for owners and buyers alike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭ZoneAlarm

Really, they still have all the signage up saying otherwise, as well as the website and phone system ? They are however gone from the Renault.ie website. How will that affect servicing etc for current customers, just head to one of the only 3 left in Dublin ?

Got letter from Renault saying they are no longer a dealer, and if i should have any probs i can go to one of their other dealerships, i was not actually surprised that they where dropped from their dealership, as they where crap with their customer service, i had to wait 3 months for to get them to replace a wiper motor on my car, and all the letters i sent to Renault they said it should have only took a day to get that, yet i was made wait for 3 mts to get it sorted, and im not the only person with these problems other family members who have Renaults as well had the same experience with them, my car was due a service and i would always bring it to blanch to get it done, this time i brought it to another dealership within the renault group, and was quite happy with their service, i think it was the best thing Renault done to take the dealership from them.

And you can bring your car to any Renault dealer to get whatever needs to be done under warranty etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭aidanodr

Hi Guys,

I have been keeping an eye on these Megane Coupe's BUT a question keeps rattling around the back of my brain :D - What is the resale value on Renault like? The residual value? In the past it has been bad - I hear for two reasons:

1. Renault pumped lots of cars into the Car Rental market, who in turn flooded the market with used Renault's quickly.

2. Biggest issue with Renault's? - the ELECTRICS?

Anybody with thoughts on this subject??

Also if these cars are heavily discounted via scrappage will this in turn drive down second hand value in next 3 years? Interesting to look at the price on second hand 09 Meganes at Carzone - dearer than the 2010's :D

Balance the running costs, the purchase cost against value in 3 years. Is one really saving?

A similar story seems to dog the Seat Leon - lovely car but have uncertain resale values - even though they are VW and have that real nice 1.4 TSI engine 140/170bhp and high torque ( same engine as in the Golf GT Sports ).

Overall with Renault, Seat and Fiat are you stuck with them and trading in for the same Marque forever to get any value back?

Aidan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

I wouldn't worry, buy the car you want and to hell with re-sale. Carzone is full of cars of every type at every level that no-one wants, and whose values range from bargain to dreamer. There was a time when 'The day you buy is the day you sell' was crucial, it is less so now as long as you hold onto it for a few years. Having said that if you buy a big engined petrol you are certifiable, anything small and diesel will have a customer base a few years down the line.

Considering the new Megane can be got for €15000 resale values in 3 years will be quite low, the Renault fan boys will dispute that so too the chaps who sell them but be in no doubt that you are correct with your concern. Trading one in for another brand to a non Renault dealer will be a struggle too unless you are happy with peanuts. Folks may be asking in excess of €15000 for 09s on Carzone but they couldn't be selling for that, there can't be anyone that thick out there so pay that for a used one. The vast majority of the discount is not scrappage.

No doubt I shall recieve a raping for the above post :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭aidanodr

Stevie / James,

Thanks for opinions.

Re what you said James, I happen to agree with all you said here.

Re what you said Steve I agree in part - mainly about the < 1.5 engine size and diesel - this is where it is at now - unfortunately. It messes up in the longterm alot of cars, particularly performance cars that some of us might like to own. I am coming from a Mazda MX5 Nevada 1.8 ( 147 bhp ) car. Unfortunately lost her during the ice before christmas - back country bypass road, spring leaking up through the road froze. 7pm in the evening - 40mph - into ditch, no one else involved, no one hurt!

Though I would like to buy another I am also now watching the reality of Gov policy pushing toward green low CC cars, diesel. And the probability that for every budget from now on 5c per litre will be added for carbon tax. And the cost of PETROL rising nicely to over €1.30 per litre now.

One cannot ignore the Renault specs here - good low end torque, 60mpg or so, road tax €104 as opposed to €545 for the MX. Lower Insurance. Basically lower running costs all around.

The other motor that might tick all boxes with respect to economy plus umph is an 08 Golf GT Sport with the 140bhp / 200nm 1.4 TSI engine. MPG in the mid 50's. Low emissions. VW have successfully combined a supercharger and a turbocharger in the one engine. TSI has been around since 2006 - awarded best engine two years in a row. The TSI is also in the Passat and the Leon.

Cheers
    Aidan

• Advertisement

Is the tax on the TSi not quite high though ?

Advertisement