Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else get an email from trinity ball today >:(

Options
  • 23-02-2010 12:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Got an email from trinity ents today like wtf

started asking around apparently ucd ents sold on the emails

grrrrrrrrrr

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

I've received text messages from Trinity Ents in the past, bit of a joke really.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yes I did and I really wanna know how that happened. Funnily enough, looked for an unsubscribe thing, couldn't find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Funny thing actually, I decided to check my ucd emails last night and saw the trinity ents email. Fucking knobs, I'm in trinity and they didn't even sent it to my college email there!:D Probably still end up buying a ticket anyway!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

its bloody annoying! the texts aswell! never ending

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Becky55

Im looking to buy a trinity ball ticket or two??? anyone got any to sell pm me, thanks guys...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Becky55 wrote: »
    Im looking to buy a trinity ball ticket or two??? anyone got any to sell pm me, thanks guys...

You know you need a Trinity student card to get in on the night, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

You know you need a Trinity student card to get in on the night, right?

Don't think that's true.. From the FAQ section of trinityball.ie:
    Can I bring my friend who's not in Trinity?
    You can bring your granny if you want to! If you buy two tickets you are entitled to bring a non-TCD guest with you

I think you just need to go in with a TCD student. However Becky, I don't think you're allowed ask for tickets on this site..

betafrog wrote: »
    That would suggest at last one of you needs a TCD card

Or just ask one of the many people from trinity outside the gate if you can go in with them..

WeeBushy wrote: »
    Don't think that's true.. From the FAQ section of trinityball.ie:

I think you just need to go in with a TCD student. However Becky, I don't think you're allowed ask for tickets on this site..

I said you need "a" student card. A student can bring a guest. If you're two non-students, you'd need to find two students who don't have dates to bring you in. Not the hardest thing in the world to achieve, but you still need "a" student card.

I said you need "a" student card. A student can bring a guest. If you're two non-students, you'd need to find two students who don't have dates to bring you in. Not the hardest thing in the world to achieve, but you still need "a" student card.

Ah, fair enough. Sorry, I misunderstood you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭chave

just to confirm time you are 100% wrong. im a trinity grad that is going to the ball with other trinity grads. no card required. plus ive sold tickets to people before who werent students or have a card. they dont check at the gates for cards. where they check is at goldsmith hall the morning of the ball to make sure tickets are going to the right people who have purchased them. after that where they end up isnt a concern of the organisers.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Mountain_Surfer

Please don't moan about receiving TCD Ents stuff in you UCD email as the exact opposite is also happening. I'm absolutely sure that TCD people are getting UCD Ball and UCD Ents emails regularily.

Please don't moan about receiving TCD Ents stuff in you UCD email as the exact opposite is also happening. I'm absolutely sure that TCD people are getting UCD Ball and UCD Ents emails regularily.

Surely we can all moan then? Don't be trying to limit our moaning opportunities :)

wow caused a bit of a rumble der, ya my reading from website is that u dont have to be a trinity student, but has anyone any ideas where best to source tickets??? thanks guys

wow caused a bit of a rumble der, ya my reading from website is that u dont have to be a trinity student, but has anyone any ideas where best to source tickets??? thanks guys

Friends, or people you know in Trinity. Ask them if you can be their +1.

Friends, or people you know in Trinity. Ask them if you can be their +1.

so do u have to go in with someone from trinity, even if u have a ticket u cant go in unless ur a trinity student???

so do u have to go in with someone from trinity, even if u have a ticket u cant go in unless ur a trinity student???

No, I'm saying they're the best source of tickets.

Edit: Can I ask why you've come to the UCD forum to ask about tickets for Trinity Ball?

chave wrote: »
    just to confirm time you are 100% wrong. im a trinity grad that is going to the ball with other trinity grads. no card required. plus ive sold tickets to people before who werent students or have a card. they dont check at the gates for cards. where they check is at goldsmith hall the morning of the ball to make sure tickets are going to the right people who have purchased them. after that where they end up isnt a concern of the organisers.

I am also a Trinity grad. I've also been the issuer of tickets in Goldsmith Hall. I've also been asked for student ID whenever getting in.

I know graduates may attend. It's been a few years but as far as I can recall the year I handed tickets out there was a list at Front Gate/Nassau St if a ticket number was a graduate ticket so no ID card needed but photo ID was.

Besides, something tells me Becky55 isn't a graduate.

I am also a Trinity grad. I've also been the issuer of tickets in Goldsmith Hall. I've also been asked for student ID whenever getting in.

I know graduates may attend. It's been a few years but as far as I can recall the year I handed tickets out there was a list at Front Gate/Nassau St if a ticket number was a graduate ticket so no ID card needed but photo ID was.

Besides, something tells me Becky55 isn't a graduate.

NUIG graduate actually thanks!

No, I'm saying they're the best source of tickets.

Edit: Can I ask why you've come to the UCD forum to ask about tickets for Trinity Ball?

because this was the only active one at the min for trinity ball everything else is backdated

• Advertisement

because this was the only active one at the min for trinity ball everything else is backdated

Well wouldn't you be better suited to starting a new thread specifically about ball ticket in the TCD forum? That is if you're allowed request tickets, I don't know their charter, but I doubt it.

Well wouldn't you be better suited to starting a new thread specifically about ball ticket in the TCD forum? That is if you're allowed request tickets, I don't know their charter, but I doubt it.

Just after gettin a ticket, thanks anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Yes this is true. I politely replied saying I don't go to UCD and to **** off sending me emails because, as someone else mentioned, there is no unsubscribe option.

Advertisement