Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st year arts student in UCD wants to switch to IADT...

Options
  • 23-02-2010 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

I am doing arts in UCD at the moment. The subjects I am doing are computer science, psychology and sociology. I wanted to do pure psychology but only managed to get 490 in the end. I am really liking psychology and am thinking of switching into Applied Psychology with direct entry into 2nd year (I have done 20 credits in psychology which is the same amount as a pure psychology student in first year).

Anyways can you people tell me what second year is like, what modules do you do exactly? I think I'd like the small class sizes and the applied aspect.
    Please do tell!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Lorrs33

I'm currently finishing my last year in Psychology Applied to IT. Now it has been changed to Applied Psychology, whereby students can either choose the psychology route or the IT route (you can guess what most people choose). The college took on too many students last year, so it could be crowded, but the psychology subjects I was taught were Personality and Psychometrics, Practicals and Projects 2, Research Methods and Statistics 2, Development and Lifespan Psychology and Cognitive Psychology. As far as I know it remains the same, but there's no harm in double-checking. I'll be in on Friday and I'll check it for you. The great thing about Practicals and Projects is that it is pure CA, no exam. The rest are 50% exam and 50% CA. Hope that helped!

Advertisement