Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unfinished estates in your county

• 23-02-2010 1:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭

Probably every councillors nightmare but a set of valid questions all the same,

Came across this circular I had stashed away in my paperwork, scary that it was written 4 years ago.
    Does anyone know if a report was issued by the Dept of Environment on the actual number of estates around the country to be taken into charge?

How many estates in your town await taking into charge? I believe at one stage 43 estates awaited taking into charge in the Navan area. Currently maybe one or two a year are being taken into charge but the data is very sketchy. At this rate it would take 20 odd years before an estate is taken into charge.

All the while estates are falling into disrepair especially the roads given the recent weather, who is legally obliged to repair the potholes in such estates not taken into charge and how can one press the right buttons to get them repaired.?

I imagine some builders are declaring bankruptcy so how does one get unsafe deteriation and repair of roads undertaken?

any comments?

Has anyone had sucess in moving this issue along in their county?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

I was elected to Kildare County Council last summer, and this is definitely an issue for us. I've been doing a lot of work with individual developments, but I think that our Council, like all others, really needs some visibility on the scale of the problem.

I had a motion down for yesterday's Council meeting asking:

That KCC provide a report on housing estates in the County that have not been taken in charge, and where the developer has ceased trading or gone into receivership, examinership or liquidation.

Unfortunately, the meeting was adjourned before the motion was dealt with, but it will be on the agenda for the next meeting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Tubberclaire has indicated a new phenomena with regards to unfinished estates. Is this a common trend by developers and where do the council stand with regard to taking the estate into charge?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055833796&goto=newpost

Advertisement