Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

repeating irish?

Options
  • 23-02-2010 1:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

hi everyone i did my leaving in 2009 and i did pass irish but im repeating honours irish this year (for a subject requirement not points) my question is if i fail irish this year will it be my result from last year that will be taken for the cao or will it be the F? thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

if you get an F in honours irish this year you can take the pass from last year for matriculation requirements only. You cannot add the pass in irish from last year to this years leaving cert for points.

But if you're going for medicine (which you're not cos honours irish is not a requirement) you can't add 2 leaving certs even for matriculation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 DR.ZOIDBERG

hi thanks! im only repeating one subject and im going back through the cao, so lets say i got 450 last year and end up failing irish this year will my points still be 450 for this year(includes last years irish result)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

hi thanks! im only repeating one subject and im going back through the cao, so lets say i got 450 last year and end up failing irish this year will my points still be 450 for this year(includes last years irish result)?

Yes. If you fail irish this year your points will still be 450 for this year

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

No matter what your points can't change unless you repeat fully.Repaeting for matriculation has no effect on your points what so ever!!

Advertisement