Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is Retarded

• 23-02-2010 1:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,620 ✭✭✭✭

I guess I shouldn't be that surprised, but after last week's episode of Family Guy (Wait, Im going somewhere with this) The Show has been put on Hiatus by FOX, at least as of Last Night, even though the other 2 McFarlane shows (Cleveland, American Dad) Were allowed to air as normal.

Okay now you're confused. Splendid.

The latest episode of Family Guy featured a Downs Syndrome girl and included a joke which referenced the Palins:

Please note the Delightfully Neutral Image they use of the Show's Producer, holding prop alchoholic beverage...

If you bother to watch the episode though they are very fair to Downs Syndrome. The Episode is currently streaming on Hulu.

What gets me is the lengths this Palin woman will go in order to call fcuking attention to herself. "Look at me! And My poor Downs Syndrome Baby that needs to be pitied!" Granted the show prodded her with the Governor of Alaska reference but she has to be Retarded herself to bow into it.

Obviously the directors at FOX felt it wasn't offensive or they wouldn't have aired it. Its only because of the Retarded amount of backlash that they are slapping McFarlane on the wrists by not airing the next episode - which also plays into the stereotype that FOX is Conservative(!)

The Icing on the cake of all of this:
    "They are kooks, so I agree with Rush Limbaugh," she said, when read a quote of Limbaugh calling liberal groups "retards." "Rush Limbaugh was using satire ... . I didn't hear Rush Limbaugh calling a group of people whom he did not agree with 'f-ing retards,' and we did know that Rahm Emanuel, as has been reported, did say that. There is a big difference there."
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/07/palin-considering-2012-ru_n_452602.html

Here's the response from the Actress whom portrayed the Downs Syndrome girl, and of special note, has Downs Syndrome herself in surprise shock.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/18/family-guy-actress-respon_n_468331.html
    Andrea Fay Friedman, the voice actress who played the role of "Ellen" --the character depicted as having Down syndrome on the Valentine's Day episode of Family Guy, has responded to the criticism of sometime-Alaska Governor Sarah Palin. Of special significance, Friedman herself has Down syndrome. Palingates has Friedman's complete response:
    My name is Andrea Fay Friedman. I was born with Down syndrome. I played the role of Ellen on the "Extra Large Medium" episode of Family Guy that was broadcast on Valentine's day. Although they gave me red hair on the show, I am really a blonde. I also wore a red wig for my role in " Smudge" but I was a blonde in "Life Goes On". I guess former Governor Palin does not have a sense of humor. I thought the line "I am the daughter of the former governor of Alaska" was very funny. I think the word is "sarcasm".
    In my family we think laughing is good. My parents raised me to have a sense of humor and to live a normal life. My mother did not carry me around under her arm like a loaf of French bread the way former Governor Palin carries her son Trig around looking for sympathy and votes.
    I have to say, that's a pretty good burn.
    Friedman also spoke to the New York Times Arts Beat reporter David Itzkoff. You can read their interview here.

alg_palin_friedman_split.jpg <---- "Ehhhhh......I did not see that coming." - Palin

If Palin thinks she has any hope of Election in 2010 with these childish knee-jerk shenanigans she's a fcuking Retard, in my opinion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Palin needs to quit fox news if she wants to run in 2012. Every week she comes out with something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Just to play Devil's Advocate for a second, but wasn't the show meant to be off for a month or so anyway? Thought it was last time I checked the Wikipedia page.

EDIT: Also I don't see what the Rush Limbaugh thing has to do with anything, he was being satirical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,934 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭bigpoppa

I am a parent of a child with Down Syndrome and didnt find it offensive, in fact your post is more offensive to me for the use of the word retard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE_5_BbZlbI

Dont get me wrong I am sure I have used the word in my lifetime (before becoming a parent) but just be aware that it is something of an offensive term.

I know it is widespread but a difficult word to hear :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE_5_BbZlbI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Checking myself, the show was meant to be on hiatus anyway. Like House, Glee and other shows I dip in to watch. The outrage premise of the thread is hence flawed and consequently it's effectively another Sarah Palin is an idiot thread. There's already one of those.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement