Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband available in Coolaney!..

Options
  • 23-02-2010 2:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Not long moved to Coolaney am from Dublin..tried to get fastcom but a 'tree' was in the way!!..crazy! (dunno what they were expecting when your offering 'wirleless broadband' in rural Sligo!) :rolleyes: When all seemed hopeless a guy from Eircom called last week and says that the Coolaney excahange has been enabled and that it is serviced from the Ballymote exchange!! Brilliant!

Ive ordered it..does anyone know what the speeds are like in Ballymote and surrounding areas..is the quality and speed good? Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

At long last, will you let us know how you get on with it please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

Welcome to the real world that's internet!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 JPMONKS

Yeh will let ya know how I got on..got a text from eircom saying line has been enabled just waiting on modem an stuff..alas! (fingers crossed!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Laducar

Is it mobile or fixed line broadband?

Its fixed line broadband..there is no mobile broadband that works in Coolaney the only one that 'works' is O2 but it keeps dropping and the speed is the same as dial up

• Advertisement

Got a call from them last summer saying it would be available within a couple of months, heard nothing so called them in November, was told not available. Went to their website and put in my number and said just mobile broadband available. Will call them tomorrow

Yeh do as think there website doesnt even reflect this, I only rang them 3 weeks ago and they said it wasnt availible but maybe in the 2nd quarter!..think depts in eircom need to speak to each other!

They were updating the lines last Summer, it's mad that it's taken this long.

Rang eircom today and the lady swore blind it's not available here and won't be for a few more months!

We phoned today and were told the exchange hasn't been upgraded. They are hoping all exchanges will be upgraded by the end of the year.

When we type our phone number in it's telling us it is available though.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

When I put my number in , it still just gives option for mobile broadband

Laducar wrote: »
    Rang eircom today and the lady swore blind it's not available here and won't be for a few more months!

I rang Eircom yesterday enquiring when am I going to get my wireless router..and guess what??...they said there is no broadband available!!! A field sales agent had sold me the whole package..as I had the order form stating this..the lady said the sales guy had no right to sell it as its not available..im livid!!..complaints called me today and they are investigating and will be getting a manager to call on monday..its a disgrace the way ive been duped!! The guy knew exactly what he was doing..they never even bothered to ring me to tell me!

JPMONKS wrote: »
    I rang Eircom yesterday enquiring when am I going to get my wireless router..and guess what??...they said there is no broadband available!!! A field sales agent had sold me the whole package..as I had the order form stating this..the lady said the sales guy had no right to sell it as its not available..im livid!!..complaints called me today and they are investigating and will be getting a manager to call on monday..its a disgrace the way ive been duped!! The guy knew exactly what he was doing..they never even bothered to ring me to tell me!

It doesn't surprise me, typical Eircom. Why don't they just enable the exchange and be done with it. They would get a lot of business from Coolaney.

Got a marketing call from eircom today and they tried to sell me dial up Internet!

Advertisement