Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavy Snow - Midlands, West, North 5 - 15cm+

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

proper big flakes now:D. far too wet to stick, but nice to see proper snow for the first time today.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

irish1967 wrote: »
    +1

BBC NI Map seems to be putting it from about 6 on, now!.

BBC Weather | Londonderry

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Lashing rain in newbridge, with a dp of 1.8 not much more can be expected , temp is 2.8!

Did someone mnetion something about Friday being a day to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

snowing very heavy with big flakes here. not really sticking on the ground as its too wet now. A nice covering on the car though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Not a sausage!! :( green all around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Si I had a couple of inches fall yesterday, after lunch. Last night it was raining heavy but the snow is still there.

Slightly less, I'd say about an inch of snow on the ground, no ice either...

Like the rain didn't happen but it definately did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

I woke up around half 4 looked out about 2in on the ground and snowing. I got for work at 7.30 look out it raining and melting fast.

still snowing here. there would have been decent accumulations if it all stuck.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

MT's report for the next few days does not look too bad ,

Every week I think to myself thats it now , back to our usual mild muck but it just keeps tipping on with this cold trend .

Hopefully the next few days provide us with our last hurrah :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Someone said the bould Gerry Murphy was going for milder weather next week...

http://www.wzkarten3.de/pics/MT8_Dublin_ens.png

Ensembles beg to differ...below average throughout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

well morning all,sad to say trim got a few hours of sleety rubbish,nothing stuck,the rest of the week looks very messy,much of the same the further north you are the better.
    anyone get any good accumulations?

Someone said the bould Gerry Murphy was going for milder weather next week...

http://www.wzkarten3.de/pics/MT8_Dublin_ens.png

Ensembles beg to differ...below average throughout.

Going by that its around the 9-11th march before we start to hit milder weather ? Well up around the 0c levels from around the 10th on wards with around -8's from the 4-6th. (850 hPa temps that is )

How reliable are these ensembles ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wild handlin

Morning all,

Well, nothing to report from here. No snow lying here outside Enniskillen bar the reminents of heavy snow this time last Wednesday!!

Nothing but a sleety mixture of rain and snow - and all very light too.

Ah well, change is inevitable...except from vending machines:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

still snowing here. there would have been decent accumulations if it all stuck.
    tell me about it Nacho. Snow dying out here now. Has snowed since 12.30pm yesterday. Mostly light stuff and only the heavier bursts led to accumulations. Have about 2 inches of lying snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Going by that its around the 9-11th march before we start to hit milder weather ? Well up around the 0c levels from around the 10th on wards with around -8's from the 4-6th. (850 hPa temps that is )

How reliable are these ensembles ?

I use them as a guide, they average out different members outlooks, and you have the white line as the mean. Others here can probably give a more in depth explanation of those members and how these charts are generated, but I find them pretty good. Certainly when we were in the midst of the bitter cold early in January, most ensembles I saw, showed the increase up to to the average line or just below for mid January , which is when the really harsh weather ended, although of course, it never really warmed up too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Nothing here either. Big disappointment. Going by the BBC map it should be! I think owenc has robbed it all on us.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

not even green here, more yellow/brown after this winter . . .:(

it snowed yesterday on and off but it was too wet to stick. it rained all last night.:mad:

the snow has died out here. it was snowing here since 4 pm yesterday. another if only it has all stuck situation.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Snowed on and off (inbetween prolonged sleety spells) here since about 3.45pm yesterday till this morning. Was quite intense around 6pm yesterday but did not lie to any worthy extent. Still, it was nice to see.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement