Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 - Yay or Nay?

• 23-02-2010 6:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭

How are Three faring with everyone so far?

I'm wondering whether to switch from Meteor PAYG to 3 PAYG.

Usage-wise, I mainly just text, and I would want to be able to use the net on my phone about 6 days per month.

What do you think of 3? 9 votes

YES - 3 is a good network. I recommend it.
    0% 0 votes
    NO - 3 is bad. Steer clear.
    100% 9 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭mossie

whirlpool wrote: »
    How are Three faring with everyone so far?

I'm wondering whether to switch from Meteor PAYG to 3 PAYG.

Usage-wise, I mainly just text, and I would want to be able to use the net on my phone about 6 days per month.

As it happens I am going in the opposite direction. I've been with 3 for around 3 years but have very poor reception in my new house and surrounds. I had meteor before and never had an issue with coverage. Another problem with 3 is the support which I found helpful but poor, based in India (I think) and using lines which varied from poor to absolutely useless.

I wouldn't go as far as saying steer clear as there are good points but I can't exactly say I recommend it wholeheartedly either. Somewhere between your two choices I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Cheers guys! I'll be sticking with Meteor so ;) Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

is that there claimed unlimited texts?? I'm on meteor bill pay lite €10 with the 250mb data add on (got a factory unlocked iphone) and that gives me 50 min and 50 texts a month. Was contemplating changing the data to unlimited (which is actually limited to to 10GB) which would cost me €25. Was looking at 3, they have a €15 a month plan with 40 min and unlimited texts, and they have a 1GB data add on for €10. 40 min and 1Gb would be grand and if it was proper unlimited texts it'd would be great. I use eirtext on my iphone so I can use my webtext from anywhere, would be a lot easier just texting normally! SO is it real unlimted and whats there coverage like in dublin city and county?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

That's Sh1te!!

Ye I knew it was best of both, forgot to say it. There was a day when I sent 3000 texts a week, no joke... Glad that's over!

Advertisement