Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Ozcall cards to phone home

Options
  • 23-02-2010 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    Im with vodafone for my oz mobile and it's costing (according to their website) $1.63 pm to phone home. So I got an ozcall card which says it's 9c pm to call. However when I called with it i was getting 45 minutes for my $20 which works out at just under 50c pm. Is this because I'm using a mobile.
    Does the 9c rate only apply when you ring from a landline???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,355 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It's probbly cheaper to use a vodafone. You generally have to use those cards in one go to get max minutes. Also, read the fine print, there might be a connection fee on top of the 9c.

If its 1.63 with voda fone, a $29 cap ($150 credit) will get you almost 90minutes. Plus you can use it in multiple calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Danny2580

Jeez lads... get a VirginMobile simcard for $5. Top up on their website using their Virgin International recharge option ($20). All calls from your mobile to UK or Ireland landlines OR mobiles are charged at 10c per minute, no catch.

Keep the sim separate, if you recharge using another recharge option you lose the 10c per minute as far as I know. Spoke to my Dad for 35 minutes the other day, cost me $3.50. Have had the one recharge for weeks and it is costing me little or nothing to ring home. Around 6c (euros) per minute! I think the recharge is valid for a month. Share it with a mate, $10 at 10c per minute is 100 minutes of calling home time. Goes a long way.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

found skype a life saver when travelling. you can buy credit on it and ring a landline/mobile at home. 20e lasted 9 months.

Advertisement