Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modding of the Poker Forum

Options
  • 23-02-2010 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Lately the modding of the poker forum has been extremely lax. For the last two weeks there have been 4 trolls ruining every post made by a particular poker tour. Genuine questions are getting lost amongst the countless posts of drivel.

The four troll posters are trois bambino, ned flanders, seemoreflops and theacher

At leat one of the poker mods has posted in other poker threads during this time, yet no bans or post deleting has happened.

Alot of people have already stopped posting on the poker forum over the previous mod debacle, and I can see alot more going if the current mods dont take a more active role in the forum.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

hi,

have you tried PMing one of the poker forum mods about this? Generally thats a good second step to take. The first step is reporting posts that you see as being spam or against the forum charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

In busy forums, it very easy for suspect posts to fly under the radar if they're not reported. The mods can't be expected to read every post, especially in free-for-alls like offtopic chat threads, stuff will very easily be missed.

Just keep reporting anything you see and it should be sorted quick enough.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

seamus wrote: »
    In busy forums, it very easy for suspect posts to fly under the radar if they're not reported. The mods can't be expected to read every post, especially in free-for-alls like offtopic chat threads, stuff will very easily be missed.

Just keep reporting anything you see and it should be sorted quick enough.
    The poker forum isn't busy. It has died a death. I'm guessing the new mods are not too familiar with the trolling that occurs in the Live Events forum.

Span, PM the mod with links to the trolling and explain to them what has gone on in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭span

I've sent a pm to all the poker mods.

In fairness I shouldn't have had to. The CPT threads have been top of the forum for the last two weeks. A quick glance in the thread from any mod would have seen the papges and pages of spam/trolling

Hi Span, have you used the report function (report.gif)? I only ask as mods don't necessarily read all threads. I don't read all the threads in my fora anyway! I always encourage users to bring to my attention trolls and the like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

just a note about reported posts - sometimes I might find a post a bit "off", but it's a matter of personal taste. I don't want to impose my personal tastes on the forum, so I might leave it. However, if a couple of people report a post, I'm reassured that it's not just me, so would be more inclined to do something about it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I have dealt with the issue now. No posts were reported so went tunder radar. the live tournament section is difficult to mod at the best of times. A more vigilant eye will be kept.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

span wrote: »
    I've sent a pm to all the poker mods.

In fairness I shouldn't have had to. The CPT threads have been top of the forum for the last two weeks. A quick glance in the thread from any mod would have seen the papges and pages of spam/trolling

In fairness you should not send the PM after you have started the feedback thread.

Advertisement