Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy's Day 2010

Options
  • 23-02-2010 11:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Wondering if anyone can help?
    I recently moved to Cork from Scotland, and my friends have booked up to come over and celebrate Paddy's Day in Cork. I have no clue where to go!
    We will be out on 16th and 17th, although on the 17th ideally we would be looking for a pub with a very good atmophere and traditional Irish music/live band!
    Any recommendations?:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

Try Dublin! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mocathain

the crane lane will have trad music on paddys day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Spailpin Fanach (spelling) would be a great laugh on 17th - anywhere in town will be rocking on the night of the 16th - most peoplw will have their session that night. Bring them to the parade too - that will be good for a laugh at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

Wondering if anyone can help?
    I recently moved to Cork from Scotland, and my friends have booked up to come over and celebrate Paddy's Day in Cork. I have no clue where to go!
    We will be out on 16th and 17th, although on the 17th ideally we would be looking for a pub with a very good atmophere and traditional Irish music/live band!
    Any recommendations?:)

As a fellow Scot - welcome and what the hell are you doing in Cork :D has to be a woman, it's always a woman..

..anyway...some good suggestions from previous posters, esp Spailpin very good spot. Be prepared tho, the level of drunkeness on Paddies Day shocked even me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 confusedalways

haha! Your right, it is a woman!

I wouldn't worry about the amount of drinking to be done....I'm nearly sure I could handle it! :)

Thanks for the suggestions..I think the Crane Lane looks good, they have bands on all day, and I'll llok in to the other bar (not even going to attempt the spelling!).

I've been a few times in Cork, but not enough to have found the a bar of choice!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭YourSQL

Max001 wrote: »
    Try Dublin! ;)

gtfo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

Horrible day for going out in the city I find.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

zimovain wrote: »
    Horrible day for going out in the city I find.

+1 i have lived in cork for 6 years, i have only been to the city centre once on paddys day and it was a bit of a nightmare, maybe its ok in the evening but even at 2 in the day people were falling around the place drunk and every pub was packed,

Advertisement