If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bestest for cheapest 22" LCD

Options
  • 23-02-2010 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭

Morning all.

My fairy godmother is looking for a 22" LCD for her young fella's xbox assignments. She was gona buy from Pix*****!:eek:
    I'm looking to put her straight though!;)

Having a quick look on your site, there's this Visual Innovations HD Ready Unit for £150 + shipping.
    There's also 1080p version of the one above for an extra £20.
    The cheapest "branded" set is this LG for £180 + shipping.

If I'm honest, I'm loathe to recommend the VI sets, as I've never heard of them. That said, I know ye wouldn't put us wrong! ;)

So could you please give me a delivered price to Cork for each of the sets above, and maybe allay my fears wrt Visual Innovations?

Thank you kindly.

P.S. An early response would be appreciated, as his other set died yesterday, and he's getting MW2 withdrawal symptoms already!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Soarer,

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to quote - much appreciated ;).

Visual Innovations - this is a Richer own brand and are actually really excellent sets at every price level - I have not had a chance to play with the set yet (we are only expecting to get it in next week as it's spanking new).

I can personally recommend the LG 227 however and also the Sammy P2270HD - the Sammy would be my pick of the bunch as it's full HD, performs well and even and looks really nice!!

Shipping on any of those sets would be just £11.99 - and I've sent you a PM as well with another option which I cannot publish..;)

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew
    Soarer wrote: »
    Morning all.

My fairy godmother is looking for a 22" LCD for her young fella's xbox assignments. She was gona buy from Pix*****!:eek:
    I'm looking to put her straight though!;)

Having a quick look on your site, there's this Visual Innovations HD Ready Unit for £150 + shipping.
    There's also 1080p version of the one above for an extra £20.
    The cheapest "branded" set is this LG for £180 + shipping.

If I'm honest, I'm loathe to recommend the VI sets, as I've never heard of them. That said, I know ye wouldn't put us wrong! ;)

So could you please give me a delivered price to Cork for each of the sets above, and maybe allay my fears wrt Visual Innovations?

Thank you kindly.

P.S. An early response would be appreciated, as his other set died yesterday, and he's getting MW2 withdrawal symptoms already!

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

Thanks for the PM John...I've replied to same.

I can understand why you PM'd that price, as your shop would've been mobbed if it was made public! ;)

Thanks for the PM John...I've replied to same.

I can understand why you PM'd that price, as your shop would've been mobbed if it was made public! ;)

Soarer,

Thanks for that, nudge nudge ;);)

I owe you a favour if you remember - I have the memory of an elephant (or a goldfish depending on the circumstances...!!)

Thanks again and I'm off to look at that PM.

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Morning John.

She'd like to go ahead with the purchase of the LG linked to above, at the price you pm'd me.
    Before she goes ahead with it though, she'd like to know if it has a terrestrial tuner for the RTE's of this world?

Please and thanks.

Bought! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭garion

Hi John,
    Sorry to hijack the thread... I bought a 50" 1080p Panny off you 14 months ago which you gracious delivered to me in Lusk.

Can you tell me the price for the 22" LG mentioned above delivered to either the Philips shop in town or out to Lusk (whichevers easiest for you)?

Also a quote with a few examples of a decent branded LCD from 19"-22" delivered again to the Philips shop or Lusk would be appreciated.

My Panny's still going strong so many thanks again! :D

By the way, it doesnt have to be a 1080p set... as long as it's a decent set by a decent brand.

It's a present so like Soarer I'm a bit wary recommended the Visual Innovations sets... unless I'm being unreasonable excluding them?

Any update on this John?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey Garion,

Sorry to bump in here but we do have the very nice Philips 22PFL3404 in stock at the moment in our Philips Shop Dublin. We have this on special at the moment reduced from €319.99 to €279.99. As this is already on special your Philips Shop Boards 10% Discount does not apply.

Have a look and let me know what you think - http://www.philipsshop.ie/threeseries.htm

Thanks a mil, Nicola.

Hi Nicola,
    Thanks for the offer but I think €280 is a little too high for me. I was hoping for something between €180-€210.

I appreciate the reply though... :)

• Advertisement

Gar,

apologies for the delay - the M227 is £179.95 / €209.99 - shipping is £11.99 / €12.99 so the total would be £191.94 / €222.98.

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc & the late reply crew:o

Afternoon all.

I just wanted to bump this to ask if there's any sign of the LG being shipped yet?

Thanks.

S.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Hi Soarer,

I know that John is away on business at the moment so if you want to speed things up you could give the shop a call on 04890 321332 and ask for Dave or Kenny.

Cheers,

Ritz.

Afternoon all.

I just wanted to bump this to ask if there's any sign of the LG being shipped yet?

Thanks.

S.

S,

Apologies for the delay getting back to you - (and Thanks as ever Ritzy :cool:) - I have asked Dave Mc to give you a shout re. yer LG ( I think it's leaving tomorrow but he will confirm!) .

I'm back in the office tomorrow if you need to chat and I should be up to speed by then (ie hangover abated...:confused:)!

ATB,

John Mc

Morning all.

just to let you know, the LG arrived safe and sound on Monday and they love it! They can't get over the picture quality when using the 360, and they reckon the sound is pretty good too! :cool:

So another job well done for the Richer Sounds crew. Top work chaps.

Hi John & Crew,
    Sorry for the delay getting back to you but I'm not ready to put an order in for the 22" LG M227WD.

Couple of questions before I do though.

1) Would the delivery charge be waived if I had it delivered to the Philips shop in town?

2) Can you also give me a quote for a decent wall mount for this set?

3) How much would the 5 year warranty be on top? 10%?

Many thanks & looking forward to putting the order in! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Paul007

Hi,

Another one here looking for a 22" LCD.

I quite like the look of the LG previously mentioned, could you tell me if you stock this model version aswell LG m227wdp-pz?

Could you also give me a quote on the Samsung P2270HD delivered to the Philips store in Dublin or any other offers that may be available?

Many thanks

Any update on this John/anyone?

I'm looking to put the order in by tomorrow if possible?

Garion, if you're in a hurry, I'd suggest you ring John directly on the number in his signature.
    Or there's a number posted by The Ritz on the first page of this thread, and you can chat to one of the lads in RS shop.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Garion And Paul007.

Sorry for the delay.

Unfortunately shipping would still have to be charged on this screen even if being collected from the Philips Shop.

Our 5 year warranty would cost 10% the cost of the screen.

Do you need the bracket to hold the screen flat to the wall or be able to swivel?

(Paul007) The Samsung P2270HD is priced at £219.95 (In Stock)
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/samsung/p2270hd/sams-p2270hd

We only stock the LG M227WD. The LG227WDP-PZ is apparantly the newer model and contains a functional USB port (plays mp3's and shows photos) and the audio options have also been improved. There is also only one HDMI port.
    Hope this is of help guys.

Drop me a PM if you have any further questions or would like to purchase either the LG or the Samsung.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.