Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do people go for lunch in Sandyford?

Options
  • 23-02-2010 11:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

Anybody here based in Sandyford Industrial Estate/Business Park?
    If so, where does everybody go for lunch?
    Is there an opportunity for a new restaurant serving wholesome good value food?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Restaurants are having a tough time here - you can't survive solely on the lunchtime trade.
    Looks at South, Aya and China Sichuan... all closed down over the past year.
    Londis (Griffins) have two outlets in the place, and both do a very good weekly deal - a roll for less than €2.
    There's also a Subway, Itsa Bagel, Munchies, O'Briens, Cafe Togo, Berman and Wallace sandwichs bars etc...
    I really don't think there's any hope for any more restaurants. Good sandwich / rolls places will only make the money, and there's lots of choice already.
    And some places have canteens and more and more people are bringing in their own lunches anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭kazul

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Restaurants are having a tough time here - you can't survive solely on the lunchtime trade.

Thanks but if you concentrate JUST on business lunch and breakfast trade you can make a go of it I reckon. The idea is to have no dead time where overheads and staffing costs are incurred but there's no revenue coming in.
    Sounds like competition might have it wrapped up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

You forgot a few: Cosy Kitchen, the place beside Woodies, Spar, and of course Dundrum is a short distance away. Over in Leopardstown there's Fillies that does a significant trade in business lunches, the Leopardstown Inn for your carvery lunch, that Thai near Bewleys (Siam Thai?).

Three years ago there was nowhere to eat. Now? different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Sticky Fingers

I love Poulet Bonne Femme, yummy chicken. Unfortunately only on Fridays in the market near Microsoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Inhouse also do lunches also. As do Dunnes (to take away)

I go to munchies most days! I love the sandwiches/wraps/bagels there and the soups are nice also.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mrmeeoff

Paid a visit to the Carmanhall Road Market earlier today and was very impressed with the range of food, too many to mention. They had a guy there playing the saxophone adding to the great atmosphere. The food is excellent and the prices very reasonable. It's just across the road from Microsoft and I think its open from 11 til 3pm:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,981 ✭✭✭optogirl

mrmeeoff wrote: »
    Paid a visit to the Carmanhall Road Market earlier today and was very impressed with the range of food, too many to mention. They had a guy there playing the saxophone adding to the great atmosphere. The food is excellent and the prices very reasonable. It's just across the road from Microsoft and I think its open from 11 til 3pm:D

only on a Friday but that's probably good for the bank balance

Advertisement