Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TL1000R

• 23-02-2010 11:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

I never rode one but to me, it seems like a beautiful thing so I'm surprised to see them so rarely and when they're up for sale, it's usually for little money.

Why so?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

possibly inheriting some bad reputation from the tl1000s, aka the widowmaker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

A mate of mine from Ennis was killed off the TL 1000s last March.

R a fine bike built on the Gixr Box section frame, S built on a tubular "rubber" frame, the S tarnished the reputation of these fine machines so much so that they decided to scrap the model altogether and come up with the SV 1000, IMO an ugly piece of kit compared.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,367 ✭✭✭bladespin

A mate of mine from Ennis was killed off the TL 1000s last March.

R a fine bike built on the Gixr Box section frame, S built on a tubular "rubber" frame, the S tarnished the reputation of these fine machines so much so that they decided to scrap the model altogether and come up with the SV 1000, IMO an ugly piece of kit compared.

The frame had nothing to do with the 'reputation' of the bike, rear damper was a rotary unit and on rare occasions used to overload itself and release causing instability, most bikes had their suspension changed (often free by dealers in the UK) but it had done too much damage to the bike's reputation at that stage.

Other points to remember are the gearboxes are weak, they eat chains and tyres (along with wheel bearings) - they were the most powerful V twin motorcycle mass manufactured.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

bladespin wrote: »
    they were the most powerful V twin motorcycle mass manufactured.
    What about Harley? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Has a Harley actually stayed running long enough to finish a dyno run?

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 BrotherGrim

A Harley....lol

http://www.dubdaily.com/?p=19163

...a Ducati-made, supercharged 1198cc V-twin engine that boasts 211 horsepower. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Typical Americans - ruining a form + function = beauty into a bodge of power + front swingarms = ugly.

:)

Sometimes you wish they just stick to supercharging harleys.

I admire the engineering though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

...what about them ?
    They are many things - mine included - and powerful is not one of them.

I love mine, and it doesn't need any (more) power to make it a hoot to ride.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 917 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

GalwayTT, do you be in and around the city much on the harley?I do meet a fella 10 mins after I hear him coming with a black skull cap on,black bike,but the fecker never waves or anything.Is it you?:).I do be on a dark green VFR.

Run to the hills,sorry for the loss of your friend but there was a man I knew last year from clare,I used to meet him on ride outs,he had a TL in suzuki colours and since you mention it,I havent seen him in a long time.Can you post it here if its alright or privately his name and what leathers he used to wear?Thank you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement