Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty GHD

Options
  • 23-02-2010 11:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Ladies out there, (and may be some gentlemen?)

I bought a new GHD 3 months ago in Peter Marks, and after 2 months use it started to make a crackling noise and switched on and off. I did get a new one after taking it back to the shop, after a month's it has started to show the same scary fault! Has anyone experienced the same problems with them? they are so expensive to buy and you would expect that they may be hazard free (and flames free) as one uses them on ones hair!

Maybe they got a dodgy badge in this particular shop?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Mikimoto wrote: »

I bought a new GHD 3 months ago in Peter Marks, and after 2 months use it started to make a crackling noise and switched on and off. I did get a new one after taking it back to the shop, after a month's it has started to show the same scary fault! Has anyone experienced the same problems with them? they are so expensive to buy and you would expect that they may be hazard free (and flames free) as one uses them on ones hair!

you are entitled to repair replacement or refund and as you have had a replacement already your next option could be a refund and given the age of the item i would be expecting a full refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Check your electricity socket or extension cord if you are using one.
    A loose wire in either your socket or extension cord could cause this issue. As it has happened twice, it could be something like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Mikimoto wrote: »

At this point I would demand a refund as you have lost faith in the product.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

GHD will give you a new one if you contact them and send it back if you don't want to get another PM one . I've been using them since they came out and no issues. I think you're just unlucky.

Advertisement