Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphics Card Issues (I think)

Options
  • 23-02-2010 11:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi,

In the process of building a pc. I've just gotten to the stage where i'm booting everything up and it's basically not working. I've got an Asus Rampage 2 Extreme motherboard with A I7 920 CPU and a Radeon HD5850 graphics card. The pc won't boot with the graphics card plugged in, it will boot when I swap the HD5850 out and replace it with my old HD4670. Would this mean that my new graphics card is likely to be dodgy or am I just missing something? Also, i've put the 5850 into my old PC - nothing doing there either. I think I'll be spending a lot of my morning googling but I thought I may as well supplement that with posting here. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

is the card the same connector, if not u may have to change the bios

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 oran77

Both PCI Express 2.0

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭dun79

Did your plug in the 2 6 pin power connectors. Its easy to forget them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Komplett-Tech: Ryan

Also, have you connected the speaker to the motherboard so you can hear the beeps. This can help identify the problem.

Yep, remembered to use two the 2 six pin plugs, forgot about the speakers though. I'll try that now

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

errr... what PSU you got?

Ok, installed the OS using the old card, plugged in the new card and it's now working-ish. Only getting output on one of the DVI ports, hopefully this is just a configuration setting somewhere to enable dual DVI. Currently it's only detecting one of my monitors

Advertisement