Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The DISC - Discworld Irish Stage Company

• 23-02-2010 11:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭

Hi everyone

Just letting you know that out of IDWCON has sprouted our very own drama group dedicated to putting on Discworld plays :-)

You can find the group on Facebook (just changed from Irish Discworld Drama Society to Discworld Irish Stage Company) and we are working on a website at the moment.

The group meets in Galway with members travelling from Mayo, Clare, Limerick and Offaly so far, and others joining via Skype, so everyone is welcome to come along in spirit if not in body. We plan to tour with the plays so that members in other parts of the country can become fully involved too.

It's a fun group of IDWCON attendees, family and friends so why not join us?

We've set up a poll to get feedback as to which play to produce first.. Wyrd Sisters or Guards Guards. You can find it here: http://apps.facebook.com/pollarea/sayfaanketoy.php?anketid=35497&fb_page_id=171830178548&ref=mf

Next meeting on March 6th in McSwiggan', Eyre Street, Galway at 3pm, with lunch at 1pm

'Cheri'

Wyrd Sisters or Guards Guards? 7 votes

Wyrd Sisters
    0%
    Guards Guards
    28%
    Ba_barbaraAnneLord ButterSlip 2 votes
    Other
    71%
    ZaphmikhailrandomchildBlackhorse Slimdaveyboy_1ie 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

Other
    Great news! I've seen Wyrd Sisters staged before, it was great, so for that reason I'd love to see Guards! Guards!

If this is put on anywhere I can get to I would definitely come to see it. Good luck! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭Ba_barbaraAnne

Guards Guards
    Decision will be made next month... but why not join in and be a part of whichever plays we put on. There'll be one every year :-)

Other
    Ah, no thanks, acting is not really my thing...

But if you want a discworld-themed musical act as a warm-up or interlude, give me a shout ;)

Guards Guards
    Ah, no thanks, acting is not really my thing...

But if you want a discworld-themed musical act as a warm-up or interlude, give me a shout ;)

Sounds good! Are you going to the Con in Birmingham?

Other
    I doubt it, I had a look and it looks expensive, including hotel etc. I will probably have to buy a new car this summer, so money will be tight.

If the Irish con is going ahead next year I will go that.

• Advertisement

Guards Guards
    Oh, IDWCON 2011 is definitely going ahead :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

Other
    Can't make this weekend as have prior engagement but how often you meet?

Guards Guards
    Can't make this weekend as have prior engagement but how often you meet?

Hi Davey, right now we meet once a month but that will get more frequent once we are in production. You can attend via Skype if not in person!

Add me on Facebook for updates etc... Barbara 'Cheri' Preston
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

Other
    Thanks Barbara, myself and my partner are huge fans of the discworld novels. good to see this type of thing being organised

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

I met some of the gang last weekend, very excited to be involved! next meeting this weekend (17th or 18th) check www.discireland.info...

• Advertisement
Advertisement