Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clinique 3-Step Comments??

• 23-02-2010 12:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

Hi Ladies

I have just started using this skincare and was wondering if anyone uses it and how they find it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Lady P

I've used the moisturiser and foundations for years. Find them good but wouldn't wear the moisturiser at night time. I switch to a night cream and have found that better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭ge_ch

hi,
    i used to have problem skin(mixed skin, dry peeling skin on nose, oily on other parts). im using the 3step routine for nearly 10 years now and had no problems since. i use it every day and cant live without it and the products might not smell as nice as other brands, but they are great for sensitiv skin and if you have skin problems as they dont use perfumes i think.as soon as i try something new my skin starts reacting again.
    i find the moisturiser enough during summer months but i would recommend to get another moisturiser for colder times and for the night.
    and make sure the toner is not too strong for your skin as it is quite harsh. you can always switch to a stronger one after a while.(i started with nr2 and use nr3 now as my skin got used to it)
    what i found first is that my skin got worst first but i was told that is normal and you should stick to it because the toner is clearing your skin and it will calm down. im glad i did!

my sister tried it before and it didnt agree with her skin at all. the thing with the 3step routine is that you find it either great or its not for you at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Thanks for the replies!

I am finding it great to even out the dryness and oliy patches to be honest! I am on the no.2 stuff and use the cleanser too - the one like a face wash. I have to say my skin is noticeably better so far, a few spots here and there but new products are going to do that to me..

All day the dry patches seem to stay less dry than before and I love the liquid soap. It's miraculous!!

The Clarifying lotion does sting a little bit but I guess it's working?? Not sure about that bit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

I'm male and used the clinique for men 3-step but stopped using the toner, in the words of Patrick Bateman it contains alcohol and alcohol "dries your skin out and makes you look older". I'm gradually phasing out the m-lotion too (unpleasant smell, very thick). The face scrub is the best of the 3 for value but I think in general you're better off getting whatever is regarded as best for the function you need, regardless of the brand. I use a male-only grooming site called Mankind.co.uk and has lots of user reviews and discussions, wouldn't have heard of certain brands if I hadn't used the site and got some amazing products, only buy toiletries from there now and I use lots of different brands which are considered some of the best of their kind - I'm sure there's a female equivalent or two

please do not be fooled by my werewolf appearence in my sig :D

Advertisement