Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phantom & Oxegen Coverage

• 23-02-2010 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Is there any chance at all that in 2010 Phantom could go a bit easy on the Oxegen promotion? It's one of many festivals that are held in Ireland every year, and granted it's a big one. We all know that MCD own a part of Phantom, but is it really necessary to cram references to and plugs for Oxegen into every available piece of airtime?

e.g. "This week MCD announced that the bog roll colour will be 'moulait beige' for this year's Oxegen Festival", such is the level of inane microcoverage that goes on every year.

Last year, even when the tickets were fully sold out it was still wall-to-wall coverage, mentions and packages for the festival.

I go to the festival every year and I'm sure it's great for people who don't get to go to listen to some music from it, but really the line has to be drawn somewhere!

It's getting to the stage that Phantom is only really listenable for the four or five months before February where people are all Oxegen-ed out, and then the relentless coverage starts again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭windowcleaner

Well, given that Oxegen 2010 is headlined by Jay-Z, Eminem and Black Eyed Peas, I'd be surprised if Phantom was so Oxegen-heavy this year. After all, these are NOT acts you'll hear on Phantom FM so if they were to plug the festival to death, they would only be doing so because it is run by one of their shareholders and surely the BAI would have things to say about that.

Advertisement