Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HEADS UP. Joe Duffy today.

Options
  • 23-02-2010 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

Apparently The Lonelyplantet guide has slated Dublin city centre, listen to Joe on RTE radio one from 13:45 for his coverage & comments.

Should be good!.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

On now.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Lol I'll be grabbing the podcast of this for the train trip to work tomorrow.

Should be interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I fail to see why the Temple Bar representative had any issues on what was said. Any self respecting Dubliner will never go near the place for a night out due to its kippiness and it generally being a dive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Jip wrote: »
    I fail to see why the Temple Bar representative had any issues on what was said. Any self respecting Dubliner will never go near the place for a night out due to its kippiness and it generally being a dive.

Speaking personally I love Templebar!.

Apart from the over priced pubs & clubs I love the atmosphere both day & night and feel claims of pools of pee & vomit are grossly exaggerated.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Jip wrote: »

Not to mention the price of the Pints!!:eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Speaking personally I love Templebar!

Dead right, it's too heavily policed now for the horror stories.

+1 A true Dub knows when to go and where and why to go to Temple bar. It has it's merits. The reclamation is on. However, you can't go to Dublin, go to Temple Bar and say the city is ****e... Sounds like the Lonely Planet are steering people away from the tourist traps, that is their remit in a way. So, it's not really slating the whole city.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Archeron

Havent hear it yet, but this the review of Dublin on their website. Its quite positive.

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/ireland/dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 senbwcs

This seems to happen every year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I prefer drinking in other places to Temple Bar at nighttime (nor do I hate it though and there are some nice places still) but surely no Dubliner would prefer that it was a half-derelict kip again like it was for years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

The Lonely Planet is generally quite good for info off the tourist trail.

• Advertisement
Advertisement