Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Cornmill, Distillery Road

Options
  • 23-02-2010 1:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi All,

Looking for some input here. I have searched the boards, but no hits. :(

I am moving to Dublin shortly and am looking for a place to rent. I have found a place in The Cornmill development off Distillery Road near Croke Park. From the photos, the apartment looks great, just what I am looking for, albeit rather pricey at 900/Eur a month.

I was wondering whether anyone here knows the area or may have lived there before? Is it a good area? Is it a sound developement? I hear that Drumcondra in general is good place to live.

Any feedback is much appreciated! :cool:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Its a fairly new development, used to be factory's etc down that way. the area itself is a pretty quite one and its close enough to town to make it worth while. When the industrial estate used to run through to Richmond road it used to be busy enough but nowadays its quiet down there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Shhmmooove

Thanks. :)

Would you say living so close to Croker is ok on game days - I suppose not too many folks would be walking that way (Distillery Road), apart from those who may have parked up there?

Are there many convenience stores/restaurants/take-aways around the area?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Shhmmooove wrote: »
    Thanks. :)

Would you say living so close to Croker is ok on game days - I suppose not too many folks would be walking that way (Distillery Road), apart from those who may have parked up there?

Are there many convenience stores/restaurants/take-aways around the area?

You're a five minute walk from drumcondra in one direction and ballybough in the other..i'd head towards drumcondra..there are spars,centras,pubs,take-aways,independent pizza etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Shhmmooove

Thanks for the info, folks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Hazelnutter

I live in the Corn Mill and have to say I love living there. The apartments are lovely - well built great insulation (rarely use the heating) and sound proofing and the nicest shower! The development is well run - clean and tidy. Match days are great for me as you can see Croke Park from my apartment. There's also a roof garden with a great view of Croke Park if you've no view from your apartment. Can be a bit of a hassle getting down Clonliffe Road on match days and you have to time your coming and goings but you get over that. The area itself is great, Drumcondra and Fairview both a short walk. I find myself walking around to Fairview more than Drumcondra - some nice restaurants and Cafes. There was a great Italian - da Tommasos but thats gone now :mad: Proximity to city centre is fantastic - you'll walk into O'Connell Street in 15 mins or less.

• Advertisement
Advertisement