Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road to Shodan

Options
  • 23-02-2010 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭

Right folks, I think this is my 4th attempt at a Fitness Log. Each time Ive started well, but drifted off after a few weeks. I dropped from weight training, my Karate and generally lost interest.
    Well Im happy to say thats all changed. Went back to Karate and its been the kick in the butt I needed. Im hooked again. Training twice a week and the buzz is back!!

So my goals with this fitness log -
    Take a pic
    Clean up the diet
    Get fit
    Get fast
    Get strong
    Get my Shodan!

My stats:
    5ft 7
    72KG
    BF is about 22%

Diet is pretty clean, just not sure if Im eating enough:

7.30 - Porridge and a banana
    10.30 - Toated brown bread, apple
    12.30 - Sandwich and cup of coffee
    5.30 - dinner - usual - chicken curry, lasagne, meat and veg, etc
    Snack then could be Rich Tea biscuits.

Im looking to get some protein (whey isolate), a good multi vit and some Omega oils (Myprotein have 3,6 and 9 in one).

So thats it really. Any help or advice anyone can offer would be a great help. But this is just for me to keep updating and hopefully in 6 months be Shodan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Monday 22nd

Karate class - 90 minutes. Good sweat. Stretched out more when I got home.

Tuesday 23rd

Astro soccer - 60 mins. Ran alot tonight. Made sure I pushed myself. Feel wrecked now, but good. Gona stretch a bit and then into bed.

Apologies for not posting lately. My father was diagnosed with Lung Cancer on Thursday 25th. Training ground to a halt. However we are coming to terms with the shock and I have started back training.

Astro 90 mins on Tuesday.
    Running - Ran twice over the last week. 4km in 25 mins, and 23 mins tonight.

Just a quick update on this.
    On the 15th March my father passed away. He was not only my father, but my best friend. Its been a very hard few weeks on myself and my family.
    To get myself back to some sense of normality I decided to get back into training. My goals are very, very simple. To get fit and healthy, and to get Shodan before the end of the year. Im going to look hard at my diet and try to eat clean. Get back to the gym when I can, and get back to Karate next Monday night.

Tonight Im going to try and put together a current eating diary, and a planned eating diary. Ive also placed my order on MyProtein for Hurricane Evo and some BCAA's.
    Ill head for a run and do some stretches when I get back. Then plan out the rest of the weeks training.

• Advertisement

Road run - 4KM - 24.5mins.
    Tough to get back into it but felt good at the end. Going to try and get 1 run in each morning at 6am.

Managed to pull my groin stretching after the run so have been taking it easy since. Just doing some small weights and pull ups. Going to look at some of the Crossfit workouts that Transform has mentioned.

Took the time to look into the diet and also order some supps. Drinking up to 3 liters of water each day also. Looking at some flapjack recipes online cos Im definitely not eating enough.

Back to astro soccer tonight so will get a good run out then.

Got about 45 mins of soccer in. Felt good. Note for next week - have teams picked before hand so we dont waste 15 mins messing about.

Groin area seems tender this morning. Might have to keep resting the leg and see how it feels later in the week. Hate having stupid niggly injuries.

So over the last few weeks Ive been running twice a week and also playing soccer on Tuesday nights. Runs are 4km and the fastest so far is 21min 14 secs. Not too bad.
    Also touched base with my instructors and Im heading back to Karate on Monday night. Since my father passed away Ive been taking up alot more of the house stuff for my mother and find that Im on the road alot going between her house, and my own. So I cleared out the garage and set up my weights bench and chin up bar. Going to try and get a dip area set up and do some Crossfit at home instead of struggling to try and make the gym.
    Also the foam roller is due to arrive today so I can work on my flexibility.

• Advertisement

Tried to tackle Crossfit Fran this evening. Sweet Lord I almost died.

Soccer last night. About 50 mins altogether. Made myself keep running!
    Back to Karate tonight. Looking forward to it.

Also got my foam roller and am trying to use that. Man there are knots everywhere :(

Advertisement