Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick man convicted of raped woman over 2 hours in woods

Options
  • 23-02-2010 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

If anyone knows this family they will know they are absolute filth. This guys brother is serving a sentence for robbing a priests house and beating him with a hammer. They also robbed an old lady's house before and tried to smother her, that must be the "aggravated burglary"

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2010/0223/1224265036031.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

I actually feel sick reading that what a scum bag I hope he gets the same thing done to him in prison on a daily basis

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Casperbhoy

Jigga wrote: »
    If anyone knows this family they will know they are absolute filth. This guys brother is serving a sentence for robbing a priests house and beating him with a hammer. They also robbed an old lady's house before and tried to smother her, that must be the "aggravated burglary"

thats shocking, he will probably get off lightly because he handed himself in...:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

I know them and they are scum. I hope that he gets everything he deserves.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Better get used to anal rape where he's going...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Defence counsel Anthony Sammon SC submitted that there was “some decency in his client” demonstrated by his remorse and co-operation with gardaí.

:eek: "microscopic amount" might be appropriate, but no decent person does what he did.

And using the combination of anti-depressants and drink as an excuse ? Anyone with a brain knows that you don't mix medication and alcohol, and that's a two-fingers to those who do suffer depression and don't use it as an excuse to become a scumbag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The comments quoted as being made by both the judge and defence council are disturbing to be honest.

The defence counsel claiming there was decency in his client due to the way he showed remorse and because he aided the gardai.

The judge saying that it was a violent crime but that it had unique aspects that would mean he needed time to consider it.

Amazing how so many rapists in this country always have the excuse of being drunk or on pills, similar to the killers.

That attack sounded brutal and the fact he repeated the attack again after getting the woman to go to the river, added to the fact he threatened to kill her.

Funny that despite him being so drunk and on pills that he was not unable to remember to burn his clothes.

Plenty of people go out and get drunk and plenty of people are on pills, but the vast majority do not commit such acts and then use the drink and pills as an excuse.

The way I see it, him admitting what he did should not be seen as him being decent, it should simply be seen as there being clear cut evidence and as such it should allow the courts to give him a long sentence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Azphyxi8 wrote: »
    I know them and they are scum. I hope that he gets everything he deserves.
    This is his brother and his accomplice the night they tried to smother the old woman :mad:

http://www.limerickleader.ie/Register.aspx?ReturnURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.limerickleader.ie%2Fnews%2FRemanded-in-custody.2716775.jp
    krudler wrote: »
    Better get used to anal rape where he's going...
    Rapist scum like him are usually segregated for their own protection in prison here as far as I know

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

This is his brother and his accomplice the night they tried to smother the old woman :mad:

http://www.limerickleader.ie/Register.aspx?ReturnURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.limerickleader.ie%2Fnews%2FRemanded-in-custody.2716775.jp

Rapist scum like him are usually segregated for their own protection in prison here as far as I know

Yeah Rapists and pedophiles normally get kept in seperate wings/areas to protect them from the general population. Personally I would let them serve their time with the general population and let them experience some of the fear, helplessness and terror they inflicted on their victims.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

That is fcking sick, and my heart goes out to the poor girl, let's hope he gets a long sentence, it might be of some consolation to the victim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

where abouts did this happen? it says a wooded area in limerick city??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

dave 27 wrote: »
    where abouts did this happen? it says a wooded area in limerick city??
    Under the bridge near Westfields.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Kess73 wrote: »
    Yeah Rapists and pedophiles normally get kept in seperate wings/areas to protect them from the general population. Personally I would let them serve their time with the general population and let them experience some of the fear, helplessness and terror they inflicted on their victims.

Definitely, by the time they get out they should feel like they've been fcuked by a train, or have their bollocks fed to them

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭macheda

absolute scum they should get 30 years in jail and that aint even good enough for them. with our joke of a justice system he will prob be out in a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

Under the bridge near Westfields.

the woman says she walks home (im guessing alone) from working in the nightclub through westfields?! :eek: thats a fairly dodgy way to go in daytime, dont even mention in the middle of the night!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

dave 27 wrote: »
    the woman says she walks home (im guessing alone) from working in the nightclub through westfields?! :eek: thats a fairly dodgy way to go in daytime, dont even mention in the middle of the night!

Read the report :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Well seemingly he is a Sadistic, Scumbag, utterly evil Rapist who goes around the place telling People he is a McCarthy....... What is the likelihood that the McCarthy's will take exception to this and put him out of his misery, perhaps over a few agonising months in a Pit somewhere.....?

- Sometimes the complete reasonableness, sanity and absolute worth of entertaining Public Executions on Market days is really missed.

Raiser wrote: »
    Well seemingly he is a Sadistic, Scumbag, utterly evil Rapist who goes around the place telling People he is a McCarthy....... What is the likelihood that the McCarthy's will take exception to this and put him out of his misery, perhaps over a few agonising months in a Pit somewhere.....?

- Sometimes the complete reasonableness, sanity and absolute worth of entertaining Public Executions on Market days is really missed.

You have issues with violence and inciting people to violence

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    You have issues with violence and inciting people to violence

€50 for the first Man to step up here and silence ItsMaCrack ;)

- That little Pricks next headline will involve him and his crow-pecked eye-sockets being washed up on a flood plain somewhere I'm sure - no need to pay too much attention.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

It's great you're such a tough guy on here while seemingly being frightened of scumbags every day of your life. Me, I don't like scumbags, but I don't seem to see in them the hatred and fear they inspire in you.

The rapist in question is scum of course, but I wouldn't think it entertaining to see him killed in the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Ticktactoe

I wouldn't think it entertaining to see him killed in the market.

I would.
    Rotten ba$tard. Absolutely disgusting what he did.

• Advertisement

It's great you're such a tough guy on here while seemingly being frightened of scumbags every day of your life. Me, I don't like scumbags, but I don't seem to see in them the hatred and fear they inspire in you.

The rapist in question is scum of course, but I wouldn't think it entertaining to see him killed in the market.

Furnish some proof of your nonsensical allegations borne solely of your personal dislike of me or retract your petty, fabricated post.......

(Mods sorry, my apologies if the above is seen as Troll feeding)

- Of course nobody really expects to see French Revolution style beheading take place on our streets but who could safely argue that our lenient sentencing, suspension of huge portions of original sentences or other forms of cynical early release are any easier to defend????

Furnish some proof of your nonsensical allegations borne solely of your personal dislike of me or retract your petty, fabricated post.......

Just the way you come across to me, maybe you love scumbags but it always seems to me like you despise and fear them. I don't personally dislike you btw, I've never even met you, afaik. i think you could probably stand to cheer up a bit, but so could this entire forum.

. i think you could probably stand to cheer up a bit, but so could this entire forum.

Wisecracks and possibly humerous content are not allowed on this forum.
    I've tried a few times before and people get very tetchy. The internet is serious business.

Wisecracks and possibly humerous content are not allowed on this forum.
    I've tried a few times before and people get very tetchy. The internet is serious business.

Well, as far as I can see, this is where people come to unload about how hopeless it is to be living in Limerick. Where's the happiness gone? Where's, dare I say it, the love?

"Come on people, shine on your brother, everybody get together, try to love one another, right now." That song single handedly stopped the Vietnam war you know.

Well, as far as I can see, this is where people come to unload about how hopeless it is to be living in Limerick. Where's the happiness gone? Where's, dare I say it, the love?

"Come on people, shine on your brother, everybody get together, try to love one another, right now." That song single handedly stopped the Vietnam war you know.

This isn't really a very appropriate thread to be trying to force love onto people.

The title of the thread is "Limerick man convicted of raped woman over 2 hours in woods ". If you want a happy thread, this is probably not the place to be

This isn't really a very appropriate thread to be trying to force love onto people.

Yeah, like you said, the internet is serious business, I should have thought of the children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 spume

Rape is NOT on under any circumstances.

spume wrote: »
    Rape is NOT on under any circumstances.

Not sure what to make of a statement like that:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 spume

Casperbhoy wrote: »
    Not sure what to make of a statement like that:confused:

:confused::confused:

Its definately not on... Do you not agree?

Advertisement