Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B&H Special Filter

• 23-02-2010 3:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭

Do we all remember the real Special Filters we had in Ireland years ago before Gold came in? These had a lovely taste and were lovely after a meal. A lot more than I can say for Gold.

Anyone know where to get them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,789 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

They still sell B&H Special Filters in duty free. God bless your taste buds because I've been smoking them for years & can't really tell any difference between them & Gold. It was just a rebranding exercise imho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

i know they're still in duty free but was wondering if any shops/tobacconists sold them.

I found the Special Filter had a smoother/creamier taste compared to Gold. Maybe it's just my imagination. I used smoke B&H but when Gold came in I went on Silk Cut Purple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Always have smoked B&H - The only place I know you can get the special filter is the duty free - and I hate duty free cigarettes - I don't care what people say, they are different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

@murphy - yes, they are different. I never noticed any difference with B&H years ago but last summer friends brought me back a carton of DF Silk Cut Purple. They tasted strange and also gave me a throaty cough which I never experienced with ones bought here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

You can get special filters in the Airport. That's about it AFAIK.

No difference in my eyes mouth between Special Filter and Gold.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 banana republic

@murphy - yes, they are different. I never noticed any difference with B&H years ago but last summer friends brought me back a carton of DF Silk Cut Purple. They tasted strange and also gave me a throaty cough which I never experienced with ones bought here.

Couldn't agree more. They taste 'dry' or stale almost. More like Silk Cut Blue. Even the non duty free ones (in shops in N.I or the UK) are different to the ones sold here and they're the ones you get when you buy Duty Free outside Ireland. I just started a thread asking if anyone who smokes Silk Cut Purple here knows the most similar Duty Free or 'buying abroad' equivalent. All opinions gratefully received. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Purely rebranding. Gold = Special Filter. It was just to differentiate from the Silver rubbish they brought in. I was a B&H smoker for 20 years and I noticed no difference between them. Duty Free ones are different tho. And different countries Gold are very different. Spanish gold are stronger but similar in taste to ours but Italian B&H gold are horrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

i know cash and carry's do boxes of 200's but not sure about special filters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

what was so special about the filters?
    wasnt the paper slightly perforated around the filter?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭laois gael

Urban blue which can be got in the canary islands are the very same as John player blue

• Advertisement
Advertisement