Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calling all Bisexuals - Needed for Radio Documentary

Options
  • 23-02-2010 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello all,

I am a bisexual journalist and I am making a radio documentary on the bisexual community in Dublin.

I am looking for bisexual guys and girls of any age willing to take part in the documentary, which will explore the (perhaps ignored?) bisexual community. The documentary will look to find out who bisexual people are, what they do, what makes them unique, and very importantly it will look to educate others about bisexuality and challenge misconceptions about the sexual orientation.

The radio documentary is part of a project in Dublin Institute of Technology (DIT), but may be broadcast or adapted for print elsewhere inside and / or outside the college as well. Recording for the documentary will take place during the next two to four weeks and will be carried out in the studio in DIT or in the interviewees home or wherever best suits.

If you are interested in taking part in the documentary, please do not hesitate to get in touch. You can reply to this post, e-mail me on jonathanadamsdublin@gmail.com, or call/text on 0876236841.

Thanks,
    Jonathan Adams

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

I would do it over the phone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I don't think its legal to make recording of a minor without parental permission.

there was a thread doing it a couple of days ago

Thread?

• Advertisement

Ah ok, maybe 16 is the cut off age.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭AvaKinder

hey I'm a bi girl and I'd be willing to give it a go if you still need people PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Theres a Bi Irish group

they might not still exist though

http://www.biirish.com/

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 radiodoc

Thanks all who have shown an interest in taking part in the documentary so far, but I still need some more volunteers to take part.

The documentary will hopefully make a good contribution to developing understanding of the bi community so if you're 'out' and willing to talk openly about what it means to be bi, I need you on board.

If you're interested please get in touch - contact information above.

Thanks,
    Jonathan

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Have you advertised on other LGBT forums or contacted LGBT societys ?
    Would suggest
    Www.gaire.com
    Www.Queerid.com
    Www.gaycork.com
    Www.Angrypotato.net

also try contacting the societys in all the colleges and universities

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I'm willing to talk about it but I haven't had any interesting experiences to do with my sexuality so I'm afraid it could make boring listening.

Also I live in Galway so that probably rules me out straight away. Good look with it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 stvincent

Likewise for me. I've been with my same sex partner for over 8 years and haven't being with a female in about 10 years; I still self identify as bi, but not sure if others would and don't think I would have any interesting stories to tell. Serial monogamist.

Used to go to biirish group years ago, when it was meeting in the old out house near grafton st. Would love to go Bicon sometime, if I can convince the OH to come along

http://www.bicon2010.org.uk/

Advertisement