Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone EMERGENCY CALLS ONLY.

• 23-02-2010 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Please help. For the past two weeks my mum's phone displays "emergency only" even though she has credit and battery. I actually replaced the battery a few days ago and it still wont work. It wont allow her to make or receive any calls?? Any ideas.

Thanks for reading. Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

What is the signal coverage like?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Jackob

Its fine, as it always was, she really uses it from home mostly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

I topped it up in Jan with plenty of credit, I think when i put sim into my phone it didnt work.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Matt Bauer

Vodafone will do this if you don't top up often enough. I think they recently tightened up their policy as well. Best to give them a ring.

• Advertisement

Ok thanks guys , will do that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Matt Bauer

If it was indeed topped up in January, it should be grand. I had a SIM card de-activated with Vodafone after just 6 months once, however a quick call to customer service sorted it out.

The only other thing I can think of is that another network was selected manually, which will only allow emergency calls with a Vodafone SIM. Either way, I think the quickest way to get to the bottom of this would be to give them a call. Freephone 1907 from any landline.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

It could be just a dead sim. Can you read the contacts that used to be on the sim? If not you need to get a new one :)

Advertisement