Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waterford Tri Hook or By Crook Triathlon

• 23-02-2010 3:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hook or By Crook Triathlon: Entry for this sprint distance race in Dunmore East, held by Waterford Triathlon Club, will open on Sunday 28th Feb at 12 noon with 300 individual places and 30 teams entries available.
    There will will be a further 200 places available on Thurs 18th March at 12 noon. This is a National Series race and entries will be online through Active Europe from our website www.waterford-triathlon.com

Rate this race based on, Scenery, PB potential, Atmosphere, Value, Organisation 2 votes

5 stars (excellent)
    0%
    4 stars (good)
    50%
    onimpulse 1 vote
    3 stars (average)
    50%
    jb-ski 1 vote
    2 stars (poor)
    0%
    1 star (terrible)
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

Slightly linked, Interesting fact:

The term "By hook or by Crook" dates from Cromwell himself, and is indeed linked to his want for sacking the city of Waterford.

When the good folk of Waterford city resisted his initial military advances (Cromwell was an awful "hoor" for sacking and laying siege to Irish cities) it is reputed that Cromwell exclaimed that "we shall take them by Hook or by Crooke".
    The Hook in question was of course Hook head on the eastern side of the Suir estuary and the Crooke in question was the small village of Crooke on the western side of the Suir estuary.
    Who knew.

Now back to the main topic :o.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

This is a NS race too, gonna have to see if my OH will register me on Sunday as I'll be out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭vegas elvis

Last 200 places now open on activeglobal.com..............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭DustyBin

So who else is doing this?

Mloc, Did you get your entry afterwards?

Managed to get a transfer myself so happy out, really looking forward to it now, hopefully the sea won't be too rough but it's fairly well sheltered so should be ok.

Have done very little on the bike lately, must get my ass in gear this week before I forget how!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭jb-ski

3 stars (average)
    i'm just back from 'Blaa Land'.

i really enjoyed the tri yesterday. it was well organised and well marshalled,
    and what a fantastic day weather wise.

well done Waterford Tri Club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭potsy11

Anybody else notice that the timing for the second wave is off by about 70 secs?

Hope the organisers are looking into this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Any feedback on this race,

I'm thinking of doing it as my 1st open water swim !

Did it last year, hope to do it this year again
    Its a great race, NS again this year
    The swim is perfect in the bay, and is fierce impressive looking down from transition
    Run is tough, 7k and starts with a big hill, but everyone else has to go up it too so is grand really
    Goes on sale 1st March I think
    Was my first race sea swim

Great to hear,

I'll be doing entry via my club so they'll deal with all that:)

The swim was ok for you, i've only started swimming recently so its a struggle:(

• Advertisement

Yeah it's a grand straight stretch out to the first buoy so unless you're super fast most of the fist and elbow brigade will be gone round it before you get there meaning you've one less thing to worry about.
    Two more buoys to navigate and you're on the bike before you know it.
    Swim is a standing start as well which helps with the nerves.
    Go for it.

I hope to do swimathy the last weekend in may just to get an open water swim with others before i move to this.

Elvis

The local tri clubs (Waterford & Carrick) swim every monday evening in Dunmore starting in May if you want to get some practice on the course

Elvis

(Its like an Elvis convention around here:))

Elvis

The local tri clubs (Waterford & Carrick) swim every monday evening in Dunmore starting in May if you want to get some practice on the course

Elvis

(Its like an Elvis convention around here:))

A little bit too far away for me:D

But i'll be open water swimming come may i'd say.

Due to a technical hitch entry to this years race will not open until tomorrow (2nd march) at 6 pm. Many appologies to anyone waiting on entry this evening

Is there another round of enteries on March 13th ???

Yep. 250 more places going on line at training friendly time of 1pm on sunday the 13th march.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭Fitzilicious

Yep. 250 more places going on line at training friendly time of 1pm on sunday the 13th april.

The website says March 13th.....do you know which it is?

Cheers :)

Its march 13th - sorry about that.

So the decision has to be made, will i be ready for open water swim by then........

• Advertisement

Decision made..........i'm in !

Just a reminder that the final 250 places went up today at 1 !

Advertisement