Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

want to meet new people

Options
  • 23-02-2010 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

just moved to portlaoise looking to find some new girlfriends.im 20 and just moved here would like to meet some new people just to chat,hang out with and gossip. can anyone give me any ides on what there is to do here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

just moved to portlaoise looking to find some new girlfriends.im 20 and just moved here would like to meet some new people just to chat,hang out with and gossip. can anyone give me any ides on what there is to do here?

After Hours is probably the place where you will get the least helpful replies. It's basically a humour forum, but without the good jokes.

Don't be discouraged though. There are other, better forums here for posting your question.

Try http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=211

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Try here OP:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=937

Although you might find you'll enjoy it in this forum too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

AH->Laois

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭ella87

Hi! Hope your liking Laois.It's hard to make some new friends when you just moved somewhere.
    where abouts did you move to in Laois?
    what kind of interests do you have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 garniey_luvs

ella87 wrote: »
    Hi! Hope your liking Laois.It's hard to make some new friends when you just moved somewhere.
    where abouts did you move to in Laois?
    what kind of interests do you have?
    im living in beechlawn atm ,moved here in august kast yr.i lyk o read,shop,dance (bu have a bubs on the way so that taking a side step) ummm basically i just wanna get ot of the house.

• Advertisement

Ah ok! I'm from the town too.Haha shopping my biggest downfall! ;D
    aww hope everythings goin well with the baby.
    have you facebook or anything? That might be a better way of making friends.I can add you if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

If you don't play sports here, it's very hard to make friends. I don't play sports!

that's really true I'm not a sporty girl I was when I was a kid but not now. Everything revolves around sports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 garniey_luvs

ella87 wrote: »
    that's really true I'm not a sporty girl I was when I was a kid but not now. Everything revolves around sports.
    yea face book is carrie emily dixon .yea not many sports here id lyk to play neways,cant stand playin in the rain

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Iolar wrote: »
    Plenty of clubs and associations here in Portlaoise trick is you have to search a little harder for them :D

Give us a hint?! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭fona

If you like to read OP then theres several book clubs in town. I know there's one in this forum. There's a thread and you PM to find out the details...
    Someone told me(can't verify) that a book club runs out of the library in town.

Dunamaise has a book club too. Reading "The Help" this month and the next meeting is March 17th @7.30pm

Dunamaise is a wonderful place to start looking(speaking as someone only in town about a year and a half now) They got film club, book club etc and I'm sure they'd have contacts for the various AmDram Clubs/Societys in town.

Night classes at Portlaoise College may be a good way to meet some people. I've never taken classes there, so I can't speak from experience. Here's the link:

http://www.portlaoisecollege.ie/nightwebsite/niteindex.html

Attending a Pottery night course in the college. Very enjoyable. Would definately recommend it, though the spring term is already 3 or 4 weeks in at this stage so prob need to wait for the next term

There was a thread for the organizing of a pub meet up, but it seems to have died a death.

High time it's zombie butt got back to the top eh?

*goes*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

Don't worry! Portlaoise is still the same crappy place it always was. :pac:

• Advertisement

Can't wait to move away again! :pac:

"Portlaoise: The Town where interesting things don't happen very often."

That could be the slogan to promote tourism.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Princess_N

Hey I moved to laois last year aswel, Not livin in the town though thank god lol,, Pm me and i'll ad you on facebook, Also a huge shopping and gossiping aswel, (seems gossiping is as big as sports in laois!!)

Always on the lookout for new friends, if anyone wants to meet up for a drink.

• Advertisement

Portlaoise. :(

Advertisement