Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Scrappage

Options
  • 23-02-2010 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Does anyone know of a scrap yard that will pick cars up in Greystones area?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Is it not driveable?

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

No it's not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

dubsgirl wrote: »
    No it's not

Cars... i hate em. Timing belt went on Renault last week. Only 35k miles. Grrrrr.

Sorry dont know about scraping.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,936 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

List of authorised car scrappers (some of them may collect, but none of them are particularly near Greystones).

ciaran67 wrote: »
    Cars... i hate em. Timing belt went on Renault last week. Only 35k miles. Grrrrr.

In fairness this car owes me nothing :D Just need to get rid of it now.
    Been sitting around for ages I'd say the neighbours probably cracking up...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

What car is it, make and model? I have a mate that collects cars, all sorts, all conditions. He claims he is going to restore them but it never happens.

The path to hell is paved with good intentions.... and all that.

Anyways, he might take it. He loves free things. I'm guessing it is free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

If you look on Gum tree there are people on there that advertise about taking scrappers away free of charge...
    Could do with getting in touch with one myself... someone has left a car on the main fair though to the park.. been there for nearly 2 years now, no nct, no tax or anything... It's probably robbed...
    Has been some near misses with other cars and members of the public who have been trying to get past it..

Dopey place to leave it..

FirstIn wrote: »
    What car is it, make and model? I have a mate that collects cars, all sorts, all conditions. He claims he is going to restore them but it never happens.

The path to hell is paved with good intentions.... and all that.

Anyways, he might take it. He loves free things. I'm guessing it is free.

PM sent - thanks

If you look on Gum tree there are people on there that advertise about taking scrappers away free of charge...
    Could do with getting in touch with one myself... someone has left a car on the main fair though to the park.. been there for nearly 2 years now, no nct, no tax or anything... It's probably robbed...
    Has been some near misses with other cars and members of the public who have been trying to get past it..

Dopey place to leave it..

If you think its robbed why not get in touch with management company? Give details of the car and they will investigate for you if anyone nearby owns its.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Loopers

The Fire brigade look for old cars and will usually collect them from you. They use them for training purposes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Eddie Byrne in Kilcoole rebuilt my renault engine last year after the belt came off on the m50. Very reasonable, car was brand new afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

+1 for Eddie Byrne. Top bloke, services both our cars and is very reasonable.

Sandyford Renault quoted me 3k for the rebuild, Eddie charged me 800 euro.

DK32 wrote: »
    +1 for Eddie Byrne. Top bloke, services both our cars and is very reasonable.

Shame Eddie doesnt work for Renault!

Day after I got it back, having the timing belt done, the starting sensor failed. And now, two weeks later, the brake fluid has been leaking badly. If anyone reading this has a Renault, get the timing belt done before 35k miles.

I use Paddy Tyndal in Newtown btw, he's excellent.

my timing belt had been done before I bought the car, however the nice man who did the belt decided not to bother changing the water pump :mad:

my timing belt had been done before I bought the car, however the nice man who did the belt decided not to bother changing the water pump :mad:

Dont know what to do with it. Wanna get rid but now its all fixed up, is it worth it? Or, will something else go. Like i said, cars, i hate em!

Dont know what to do with it. Wanna get rid but now its all fixed up, is it worth it? Or, will something else go. Like i said, cars, i hate em!
    as with most cars, its down to luck! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Sandyford Renault quoted me 3k for the rebuild, Eddie charged me 800 euro.
    If you phone that same Eddie, he will give you the number of a guy who will collect the car and remove it for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Mick gtt

If you want to pm me your number id take it

Advertisement