Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Wheelie Bin

Options
  • 23-02-2010 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me how one goes about getting a new wheelie bin? The one we have currently is tiny and i'd like to get a bigger one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Contact the company and ask, that's what we did anyway, was Oxygen at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Blonde Rob

If you use the local authority, contact their waste services department...even if its Greyhound collecting your recycling or it has Oxigen on the bin, the local authority is still responsible for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Mister Sifter

Thanks for the help folks. Rang them yesterday and a replacement bin is being sent out within 5 working days. Happy days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

Just out of interest, how much are they charging? Out our way it has become a pastime for the local scumbags to rob green bins and set them alight on the local playing fields, leaves a lovely black circle and a pile of broken glass and cans! I know it's not a green bin you were replacing, but I'm sure it's a similar cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Mister Sifter

Just out of interest, how much are they charging? Out our way it has become a pastime for the local scumbags to rob green bins and set them alight on the local playing fields, leaves a lovely black circle and a pile of broken glass and cans! I know it's not a green bin you were replacing, but I'm sure it's a similar cost.

They didn't mention cost so i just assumed it was free. I think because we're just upgrading to a bigger bin. The pick-up charge is higher for a bigger bin so i guess we'll pay for it that way.

If we do end up getting charged though i'll let you know how much.

• Advertisement
Advertisement