Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATI HD 5850 Dual DVI

Options
  • 23-02-2010 6:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi,

ANyone familiar with how to set this up? I've been trying for a couple of hours now without success. I have DVI out on one of the DVI ports but I can only get VGA (via a DVI-VGA adaptor) on the other one. The computer won't even detect a second monitor when I try two DVI cables. PSU , cables, monitors etc all seem fine, I've swapped them all with other PCs. Right now I've removed the 5850 and replaced it with a HD 4670 and this is running dual DVI no problem. Running 64 bit Windows 7, I7 920 CPU, Rampage 2 Extreme Motherboard, 4 Gig Ram - doesn't look likethere should be any compability issues. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 foFox

Connect both displays, one to DVI and one to the other DVI.
    Download the latest Catalyst drivers ( the full package ) and install it, then go to CCC -> Graphics -> Desktops and Displays click -> click on Detect Displays. See if that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 oran77

foFox wrote: »
    Connect both displays, one to DVI and one to the other DVI.
    Download the latest Catalyst drivers ( the full package ) and install it, then go to CCC -> Graphics -> Desktops and Displays click -> click on Detect Displays. See if that helps.

Nope. Can't understand why I can get DVI + VGA but not DVI + DVI

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

thats weird, im only using DVI for one and DVI->VGA for one of my other screens wtih my 5850 so cant test for you.

Are you using Catalyst 10.2?
    You dont have the source incorrect on one of the screens with the 5850? i.e. some cards default the source to VGA meaning no signal( i had this with my old 8800GT )
    In windows does it only detect 1 screen( i.e. in control panel )?
    Any luck trying to set up an Eyefinity group for them?
    Youre sure theres nothing connected to the HDMI? Just making sure :)

lmimmfn wrote: »
    thats weird, im only using DVI for one and DVI->VGA for one of my other screens wtih my 5850 so cant test for you.

Are you using Catalyst 10.2?
    You dont have the source incorrect on one of the screens with the 5850? i.e. some cards default the source to VGA meaning no signal( i had this with my old 8800GT )
    In windows does it only detect 1 screen( i.e. in control panel )?
    Any luck trying to set up an Eyefinity group for them?
    Youre sure theres nothing connected to the HDMI? Just making sure :)

All checked and double checked, except for the eyefinity bit. I'll take a crack at that in the morning. Starting to think it's the board - everything works automatically with the the old one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

youre not running the screen that does work above 1920x1200 are you?

• Advertisement

lmimmfn wrote: »
    youre not running the screen that does work above 1920x1200 are you?

Nope, the max I'm running at is 1680 x 1050 but I've tried it on lower settings also. Sapphire and the reseller have both told me to send it back for testing so I guess that's what I'll do. Thanks for all the suggestions

Advertisement