Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connection problems on Android

• 23-02-2010 6:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭

There are numerous people effected by problems connecting/disconnecting with various networks on Android....

Please detail your issues below so we can build a trouble shooting & problem solving tread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

This is probably not what you're looking for, but I have no issues whatsoever with a Nexus One on Vodafone using live.vodafone.com APN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Well I have a HTC Hero, latest ROM version, which has been used on all 3 networks since I bought it, shortly after it was released.

On Vodafone and O2, it works/worked fine. No signal issues (network black spots being an exception), switches/switched between 2G/3G networks without any issues. Could use all the features fine.

On Meteor, it was a totally different story altogether. There wasn't a day that went by where I wouldn't get the "No Service" message which required a restart or switch into Airplane mode and back again. Google Contacts and Calendar wouldn't sync over the network because they are blocking the ports for some reason. And when the phone was in EDGE coverage, which was most of the time due to their very small 3G coverage, the phone wouldn't take calls whenever the phone had a data connection open which, with a handset like Android, is pretty much constantly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

On o2, nexus one, android 2.1, no problems whatsoever, changed from 2g-3g-wifi and back quite a bit as I commute from wex to dub and wifi in work and home.

Advertisement