Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Market for Bargain Book Store?

Options
  • 23-02-2010 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭

I have an idea and potentially have a decent size premises in the town centre.

Is there a market for a decent bargain book store in Carlow. Not a tiny store with a few shelves but one that would be almost the size of the ground floor of Byrnes on Tullow st and filled with lots of remainders, over stocks, stationery etc?

I know many want a proper bookstore, but you need huge experience and huge funding for something along those lines and well, the banks just don't have any.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

isn't there a new book store on college st???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

isn't there a new book store on college st???

It's awful.

cashback wrote: »
    It's awful.

i wasn't sure to check it out or not but you just just made up my mind for me!!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

i wasn't sure to check it out or not but you just just made up my mind for me!!!;)

Well, maybe it has improved in the last few months but when I was there, the selection was tiny and not very varied. But it may be worth having a look for yourself.

cashback wrote: »
    Well, maybe it has improved in the last few months but when I was there, the selection was tiny and not very varied. But it may be worth having a look for yourself.

Cool, I'll call in after college tomorrow so. thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement