Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-FLOW!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭gar44

yea it really does, im hoping that after the two days my copies of the letters that they "SENT" wont show up so it will prove im not receiving them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

my father had a van repossesed last march, then last october the van passed through the toll, we got a letter looking for payment, he rang and explained what had happend, they said it would be sorted, got two more letters and now a solicitors letter, looking for 200 quid, rang them again to explain and its still not sorted, what should he do

hey jap from my experience so far it looks like you will defo be paying some amount, its just a matter of how much. ring the solicitor and explain the situation to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

did that, they basically said that eflow would still follow him for the payment, he said van was no longer in his name and has the papers to prove it

I really am feeling your pain, there seems to be no talking to these people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

Is there some sort of regulator that oversees Eflow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Gallagher5

gar44 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I'm wondering if anyone can offer me some much needed advice. I crossed the m50 toll on 6/12/2009 and missed payment (I am unregistered so I usually pay buy 8pm the next day). On the 22/02/2010 I received a letter from a solicitors stating that they are acting on behalf of the national road authority and I owe them €152.00. I rang the solicitors and explained that this is the first time I had been informed of any late fee at all and that I had never received a standard toll request for payment of the late fee.

The solicitor asked about the vehicle, when I had bought it and when it had been registered. I explained that I bought it in July 09 and I didn’t receive my change of ownership until around August.

The solicitor has since contacted me and told me that they are willing to accept €47.00 payment, due to the change ownership issue.

My major problem with paying this amount is that I NEVER received any standard toll requests and thus had no way of knowing I owed them money or of making payment as I need a number off the letter which I never received.

I've also contacted Eflow and they are assuring me that they have been sending me letters and the problem is that I am not receiving them and I should contact an Post. This is a bit of a joke to be honest as I receive every piece of mail that I'm due apart from the toll (I don’t see how this is possible).

Sorry to have such a long post but there was a lot to explain. If anyone could shed some light on what I should do I would be really grateful.

Are ya sure eflow have your correct address? It seems strange dat you received a letter from their solicitor but didn’t receive any of the four letters they sent you?

Anyway, I had similar probs last year and so decided to register. Since dat I havent had any problems so if I were you, id call em and register then you wont have to deal with this sort of thing. There actually quite nice on the phone.

I just checked the number online and its 1890 50 10 50. Hope you get it sorted anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭kwalsh000

Just to add my experience with them. We recieved 3 solictors letters for 152 E each for trips made. Never once did we recieve any letters from Eflow and the solicitors were saying thats not their problem.

I was talking with a supervisor who looked into it for me. They came back saying that it turns out I had paid 12E of 18E so I only have one payment for 152 due now.

So there was mistake from the start with Eflow in that I didpay but they didnt notice and sent off letters (apparently). I said this to the soilictors that if there were 2 mistakes already and no letters sent that stands to reason that the 3rd letter could be an issue aswell. They said no because I paid the wrong fine without a reference number apparently and it was my fault they didnt recieve payment? Strange one. Just wanted to let you all know to definatly follow it up. I am still not going to pay the final one without a fight. They made 2 mistakes already and no letters..so whos to say the thirds isnt a mistake too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

MOH wrote: »
    That seems a bit nonsensical. They're to cheap too pay for registered post, so they decide to just post stuff and leave it up to the recipient to prove they didn't receive it? Surely (note my complete legal ignorance here) they'd be laughed out of court if they tried to sue you on that basis? Especially given the well documented history of problems with their billing systems?

On the other hand, it'd cost you more than the 47 quid to defend yourself, so they're probably just trying to bully you into paying it.

Given that they started the nonsense, your two best options would seem to be Hagar's route, which makes perfect sense by the "logic" they're applying or (never ever thought I'd suggest this to anyone for any reason) .... Joooeee Duffy. I can't see how they could publicly defend this.

Or maybe pop an e-mail to pricewatch in the Irish Times, they often follow these kind of daft customer failure issues up with the company concerned, who usually resolve it for PRs sake

turn up in court ....explain your version of events and let the judge decide ....it doesnt cost anything to defend yourself (except the time in court)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Zxc

A work colleague went through all of this last year when the toll thing was a huge problem. He used the toll bridge, paid the toll online, days later got fine notice in the post, endless phonecalls trying to explain and waiting for eflow to get back when they looked in to it. Before they did, he got the bigger fine notice. He was going demented trying to say he'd paid.
    Eventually, in frustration he wrote to someone high up in eflow or the National Roads Authority, I can't remember which, with a cheque for the initial toll and said, here, take it, I'm not paying any more or dealing with any more letters.
    Some time later he got a letter back saying it was sorted.
    He'll be amazed to hear the same rubbish is still going on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,664 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Zxc wrote: »
    A work colleague went through all of this last year when the toll thing was a huge problem. He used the toll bridge, paid the toll online, days later got fine notice in the post, endless phonecalls trying to explain and waiting for eflow to get back when they looked in to it. Before they did, he got the bigger fine notice. He was going demented trying to say he'd paid.
    Eventually, in frustration he wrote to someone high up in eflow or the National Roads Authority, I can't remember which, with a cheque for the initial toll and said, here, take it, I'm not paying any more or dealing with any more letters.
    Some time later he got a letter back saying it was sorted.
    He'll be amazed to hear the same rubbish is still going on.

I had this with this, i would fill in the web form, giving details of how and when it was paid., submit it, and they would come back asking for the very same info that i had already sent.

They i noticed, after pressing submit on the web contact form, if one clicked back, the details very still filled in and one could press submit again.

After several experiments (ok i was bored and angry with them) i figured that it only works about 20/30 times in a row before the the forms clears properly, and one has to fill in the form again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Im at a loss to see how not recieving an official notice/bill that you are not really expecting is your problem/fault.

also if eflow have have posted the letter then the contract is betweem them and an post , it has nothing to do at all with the intended receipient

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Foxymona

I have started a petition against them and would appreciate it if you could take the time to sign it.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/eflow/

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Foxymona

I have started a petition against them and would appreciate it if you could take the time to sign it.

Foxymona wrote: »

Signed with pleasure :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@ Foxymona

Please do not post more than once on a given topic in a forum

dudara

Advertisement