Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC IN IRELAND

• 23-02-2010 6:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

anyone know when UFC is returning to Ireland? missed the last show. heard it was brilliant.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,096 ✭✭✭cletus

There was a 10 page thread on thisnot too long ago. Basically nobody knows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Woody101

UK UFC President, Marshall Zelaznik has continued to be a vague as ever about the promotion heading back to the UK before the end of the year, revealing he has one show “locked in” and they are trying to confirm other.

Speaking via his Twitter page, Zelaznik revealed:

“We are working on it-we have one show locked in and working on trying to find others. No date to share just yet.”

The UFC are seriously under pressure from UK fans having failed to deliver the type of Pay-Per-View cards that are put on across the rest of the globe. Will they finally return with a title fight on UK soil or will the fans miss out yet again? Stay tuned to MMABay for more on this as we get it.

Thats from MMABay.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭UltimateMale

Woody101 wrote: »
    UK UFC President, Marshall Zelaznik has continued to be a vague as ever about the promotion heading back to the UK before the end of the year, revealing he has one show “locked in” and they are trying to confirm other.

Speaking via his Twitter page, Zelaznik revealed:

“We are working on it-we have one show locked in and working on trying to find others. No date to share just yet.”

The UFC are seriously under pressure from UK fans having failed to deliver the type of Pay-Per-View cards that are put on across the rest of the globe. Will they finally return with a title fight on UK soil or will the fans miss out yet again? Stay tuned to MMABay for more on this as we get it.

Thats from MMABay.co.uk

" about the promotion heading back to the UK.....The UFC are seriously under pressure from UK fans.....finally return with a title fight on UK soil "

Woody101 - Ireland does not = UK

( and by Ireland I mean the 32 counties - but let's not get into a political debate).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Thats from MMABay.co.uk

I really wish people would stop quoting news from this trash site and go somewhere decent for MMA news, by even clicking on there site once you're encouraging them

" about the promotion heading back to the UK.....The UFC are seriously under pressure from UK fans.....finally return with a title fight on UK soil "

Woody101 - Ireland does not = UK

( and by Ireland I mean the 32 counties - but let's not get into a political debate).

I know Ireland does not = the UK. If irish fans want to see a live UFC show it looks like the only chance this year is taking a trip to the UK. It's a shame as UFC told fans that they would be back in March.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Ireland does not = UK

You know to the UFC and many Americans it probably is in the UK ;)

calex71 wrote: »

Very true.

Notice how the amount of UK/Ireland shows went down when Setanta went tits up?

There was a clause in Setanta's contract with UFC saying that Zuffa must provide at least 4 shows per year from UK/Ireland, or from our timezone.

Setanta goes tits up, shows stop coming so frequently, hardly rocket science

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭UltimateMale

I know Ireland does not = the UK. If irish fans want to see a live UFC show it looks like the only chance this year is taking a trip to the UK. It's a shame as UFC told fans that they would be back in March.
    If Irish fans want to see a live UFC they don't neccessarily have to go only to the UK or the ' mainland ' as you probably refer to it as :rolleyes:. Reguliarily lads post about seeing it in Vegas, Atlanata etc. UFC99 was on in Cologne, I would imagine a UFC card from the Continent, probably France or Holland will be next on the agenda. Aer Lingus, Ryanair etc will be able to fly anyone there and not just the ' mainland '.
    calex71 wrote: »

I have lived in America and never experienced any Americans who thought all of Ireland was still under Britain - as much as sad few on boards.ie seem to think we are. I'm afraid some of our ' Irish ' fans don't seem to know that there is a sporting life outside of Sky sports and English soccer .:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,482 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

If Irish fans want to see a live UFC they don't neccessarily have to go only to the UK or the ' mainland ' as you probably refer to it as :rolleyes:. Reguliarily lads post about seeing it in Vegas, Atlanata etc. UFC99 was on in Cologne, I would imagine a UFC card from the Continent, probably France or Holland will be next on the agenda. Aer Lingus, Ryanair etc will be able to fly anyone there and not just the ' mainland '.

True. Not everyone can afford it to be fair but I did 99 in Cologne for less than some of the UK events I've been to (in terms of travel and accomodation anyway). I did splash out on a front row seat because they were so much cheaper than they had been at UK events but if I had gone for upper tier seats I could have had them for about €45 I think.

Going to 116 in Vegas this July, but it's disguised as the wife wanting to go to Vegas...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭dicey1664

doesnt look like the uk are going to be getting a ufc soon either according to the uk president http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbXbcpxGjlY

dicey1664 wrote: »
    doesnt look like the uk are going to be getting a ufc soon either according to the uk president http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbXbcpxGjlY

Blame Bisping losin to Silva for that then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Thats from MMABay.co.uk

That site is pure s**t and nothing should be believed on that site. They also sponsor wolfslair aswell which is a bit strange.

I think Zealnik means Ireland when he refers to the UK. But I can't see them coming for a while and I also heard that an Irish show was cancelled that was suppose to be in mid January.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

scudzilla wrote: »
    Blame Bisping losin to Silva for that then

If Dan Hardy beats GSP that could all change pretty quickly..but thats a big if and very unlikely..please god GSP beats him senseless cos Dan Hardy annoys the f*ck out of me :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Asia and the Middle East seems to be the primary focus for International expansion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,096 ✭✭✭cletus

i think that the ufc realise that they can come back here at any stage and sell out a show, so they have this market,as such. they would seem to be trying to hit markets that they havent broken yet

Advertisement