Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oxygen in the fish tank

Options
  • 23-02-2010 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

hey
    i have a rio 180 set up now for awhile fish and all in it..
    but i have no idea if my filter is good enough to oxygenate
    my water..now the filter is submerged in the rio 180..
    but there a pipe for the outflow has a little angle on it.
    i have the angle pointing up towards the surface.
    it is making waves and there is always small surface bubbles
    on top off the water..does any one no if this is ok
    ty:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

I think the main thing is water surface agitation. It sounds to me like you have this and should be ok. Do you have any livestock in the tank?

I only have a marine tank, where I have surface agitation via powerheads, and also a protein skimmer which helps oxygenate the water. But I presume the same principles apply in freshwater setups. Can you measure your pH? Usually if your pH is low then it could indicate a lack of oxygen in the water.....

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭waxer1986

Noopti wrote: »
    I think the main thing is water surface agitation. It sounds to me like you have this and should be ok. Do you have any livestock in the tank?

I only have a marine tank, where I have surface agitation via powerheads, and also a protein skimmer which helps oxygenate the water. But I presume the same principles apply in freshwater setups. Can you measure your pH? Usually if your pH is low then it could indicate a lack of oxygen in the water.....

ya there is livestock in the tank but they all seem fine..ty for the reply

Advertisement