Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dinosaur Jr & Built to spill. Dublin Galway

• 23-02-2010 7:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭

Not a bad double bill

DINOSAUR JR. & BUILT TO SPILL - Black Box, May 10th. on sale at www.roisindubh.net
    Dublin is tbc but due to go on sale in next few days, the gig year is getting better

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ned rierson

this is gonna be great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,532 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Saw this for Galway, hopingfor Dublin. TRipod I guess?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Vicar street on Tuesday May 11th is confirmed for Dublin. Tickets €29 plus booking fee. On sale Friday morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

holy sh*t!!!!! need tickets for this!!!

edit@ just got one!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Icarian

just found out

awesome that such a legendary band is coming here, and amazing that it's only 30 Euro

Built to Spill sound really good too from their Myspace

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Does anyone know if they'll be playing mainly their new album or a mix or new and 'best of'?

to answer my own question (from an American gig)-
    thumb
    kracked
    imagination- newest album
    pieces- newest album
    plans- newest album
    FEEL PAIN
    over it- newest album
    swan
    wagon
    freak
    don't wanna- newest album

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

This better not be a victim of the volcano.......

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭new fang

anyone wanna pair up for this? i'd start a thread in the gig buddies forum but that place is dead. hope this doesn't sound creepy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,532 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

If not sold out and I can get a cheaper ticket, I might pop along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

This better not be a victim of the volcano.......

The band are already in Europe so it's unlikely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭r0chf0rt

Did anybody head to the gig in Galway last night? Is so what was the verdict?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 plaguemonkey

Dinosaur Jr were excellent - great sound - ear bleedingly loud -Murph the Drummer was sick and was replaced by a guy called Kyle who played really well - despite his worrying addiction to redbull !!!

Lou Barlow was in teriffic headbanging form and sang his songs with great gusto.....

J mascis was as wonderfully brilliant and apathetic as always - Great Versions of Little Fury Things, Freak Scene, Pieces, No Bones stood out....
    J switched guitars for the encores - i didn't recognise the final song - shame on me..all in all a really good gig - audience were muted enough - it being a monday night and all - but someone did throw a can at Built to spill early in the evening for some unknown reason......

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭r0chf0rt

Cheers plaguemonkey. How long did each band play for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Built to Spill played one song that ended in 'speed guitar', does anyone know what it was?
    Dino Jr were very good, the first half of the set seemed to be new material ( I think). they played 2 encoures I think as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 plaguemonkey

built to spill - 1 hour
    dinosaur jr 1 1/2

Dinosaur jr started with thumb from green mind.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

(Galway gig.)

I didn't really know Built to Spill beforehand but I liked them quite a bit. The first song was amazing. The wah wah pedal used to excellent effect. And yeah, it was really strange seeing the can that was flung towards the drummer...

Dinosaur Jr were class. My ears are still ringing. Pieces, Over It, Imagination Blind and Forget The Swan were great. I loved Raisans, especially the extended solo. Pity they didn't play Kracked or I Don't Wanna Go There but it was a brilliant performance regardless.

Also, Mascis was wearing a Wipers t-shirt. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭fincollins

Dublin gig was amazing!

Built to spill surprised me, i was impressed! Really got into it after a while...nice noise jam at the end :cool:

Setlist for Dino seemd pretty similar to Galway. Started off with thumb aswell. Had some great ones, like forget the swan with an amazing huge solo! I was in my element.

No Raisins (as far as i can remember)...

Buddy got a pick which he donated to me...legend :D :cool: :)

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Icarian

Dinosaur Jr were excellent - great sound - ear bleedingly loud -Murph the Drummer was sick and was replaced by a guy called Kyle who played really well - despite his worrying addiction to redbull !!!

Lou Barlow was in teriffic headbanging form and sang his songs with great gusto.....

J mascis was as wonderfully brilliant and apathetic as always - Great Versions of Little Fury Things, Freak Scene, Pieces, No Bones stood out....
    J switched guitars for the encores - i didn't recognise the final song - shame on me..all in all a really good gig - audience were muted enough - it being a monday night and all - but someone did throw a can at Built to spill early in the evening for some unknown reason......

Yeah, a little muted, but I mean it was Dinosaur Jr, not Metallica, a few people were moshing down by Lou, but most of their songs aren't really meant for jumping around, except maybe stuff like Little Fury Things... They just played their music, and people chilled and listened... Lou talked a little, J didn't say a word (I know, that's just J), and thats as far things went with audience interaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭GirlOfGlass

Disappointed they didn't play Said The People. I hoped they'd play it last.
    But other than that, good gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭new fang

Monzo wrote: »
    Also, Mascis was wearing a Wipers t-shirt. :cool:
    i've heard him say that greg sage is his guitar idol

• Advertisement
Advertisement