Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what's been built in oranmore

Options
  • 23-02-2010 7:24pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭

Whats been built at the big cordil construction near the castle

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Tesco going in there,

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭useurename

you'd wonder how they got planning permission.right next to the castle and the school and the sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Brown envelopes are obviously still selling well around Galway! Its ruining a lovely view of Galway Bay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

The only thing I would say is that who benefited from the lovely view? Very few people walk out to the castle and the only other place to see the view is crossing the bridge into Oranmore from your car.

Plan for the development is mixed use with apartments and numerous retail units, Tesco having the largest at 40,000sq feet. New town square, broad walk from the bridge along the river up to the castle (following the design of the prom in Salthill).

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭eden_my_ass

Stayed in Oranmore twice in recent years, so as a visitor I can say I liked the little walk to the castle and the peacefulness of the place. Sad day for another village, nothing beats a Tesco eyesore. Hardly needed with Galway up the road!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

Tesco going in there,
    u sure

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭useurename

why not a nice green area and park overlooking the sea.there are loads of green fields inland for a tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

useurename wrote: »
    why not a nice green area and park overlooking the sea.there are loads of green fields inland for a tesco.
    Simple economics.
    Hard to find anyone who is willing to buy the land at even it's present value to turn it into a park.:rolleyes:

Advertisement