Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interviews

Options
  • 23-02-2010 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭

I got an interview for one college last week (for this thursday) but haven't heard back from any other college. I'm well aware that I may not get an interview for these colleges, I'm just wondering will the notify me regardless and is it just a case that I got one quite early?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ian96

Did anyone else get an interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭jayroyal

I got one in maynooth in March hopefully goes well anyone got some advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Orla K wrote: »
    I got an interview for one college last week (for this thursday) but haven't heard back from any other college. I'm well aware that I may not get an interview for these colleges, I'm just wondering will the notify me regardless and is it just a case that I got one quite early?

First off, well done for getting an interview! Best of luck for tomorrow!

The colleges tend not to give you too much time before the interview. I was given a week notice for one.

Interviews can happening as late as early June, depending on the college/course.

I was contacted when I wasn't successful at getting an interview for a course. So, yes they could contact you either way. Again, it could depend on the college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Ian96 wrote: »
    Did anyone else get an interview?

So far a letter from DIT advising I'll be called for interview shortly. I've put down for Trinity and DCU too, so hopefully hear something soon from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Abitar wrote: »
    So far a letter from DIT advising I'll be called for interview shortly. I've put down for Trinity and DCU too, so hopefully hear something soon from them.

I put down trinity and dcu too, haven't heard anything from them. The one I did hear from is maynooth, so I guess they're just the early ones.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Orla K wrote: »
    I put down trinity and dcu too, haven't heard anything from them. The one I did hear from is maynooth, so I guess they're just the early ones.

Wouldn't worry about it, they'll get around to us :) I'd say theres a huuuuuge amount of applications to get through this year tbh.

Well I hope you rawk at your interviews, and get where you're looking for :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Cpt Beefheart

jayroyal wrote: »
    I got one in maynooth in March hopefully goes well anyone got some advice.

I had an interview in Maynooth last year. Very straight forward, more like a chat really. I was invited to give a potted history of life to date and how I had got to the position of applying for a place on the particular course. There were casual questions designed to suss out if you had thought through the financial and childcare implications of being sucessful in getting a place. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭jayroyal

I had an interview in Maynooth last year. Very straight forward, more like a chat really. I was invited to give a potted history of life to date and how I had got to the position of applying for a place on the particular course. There were casual questions designed to suss out if you had thought through the financial and childcare implications of being sucessful in getting a place. Good luck!

wat course were you interviewed for , i am going for equine bussiness. I am trying to sudy my tousre already, did i take long to get informed if you were successfull or not. thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

wat course were you interviewed for , i am going for equine bussiness. I am trying to sudy my tousre already, did i take long to get informed if you were successfull or not. thanks for the reply.

They told me they were sending me a letter in two weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Cpt Beefheart

My interview was 30th April and my letter offering me a place is dated 5th May. That was history dept. The horsey set might be a bit quicker.:) Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Abitar wrote: »
    Got that letter myself, lets hope interviews are given to us eh! :)

And DCU will hopefully call me for interview, but then again some uni's and colleges will have different timescales for contacting people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Cosmic_love

I have an interview in Maynooth soon, I'm hoping to do an Arts degree, anyone have anty tip or advice for the interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

I haven't heard anything about an interview yet. Should I be concerned? I've applied to do Civil Engineering in IT Carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

I had a letter from DIT this morning which I thought was going to be an interview but instead it was a letter acknowledging I had applied for a certain course and asking me to come along to an open day. I thought that was a bit odd. Did anyone else get this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I have an interview in Maynooth soon, I'm hoping to do an Arts degree, anyone have anty tip or advice for the interview?

I had mine today and it was pretty relaxed easy going. No tricky questions, just stuff about what you are doing now (really like to hear if you are on an access course) and how do you feel you will cope with the workload and if you live far away how do you feel about the commute.

I was told to make sure I come along to the University Day in April and that I meet all the requirements they are looking for so I feel confident and chuffed.

redout wrote: »
    I had a letter from DIT this morning which I thought was going to be an interview but instead it was a letter acknowledging I had applied for a certain course and asking me to come along to an open day. I thought that was a bit odd. Did anyone else get this ?
    I got that in the post this morning also, they are the only college i've heard from so far, twice at that!

I'll definitely be going to that open day.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I got that in the post this morning also, they are the only college i've heard from so far, twice at that!

I'll definitely be going to that open day.

Make sure to go with your list of questions! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Anyone heard from DCU yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Morgase

redout wrote: »
    Anyone heard from DCU yet ?

Nope not yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 inku

Got an email today from DCU asking me to go for an interview on 22nd of this month. I applied for International Relations...was wondering if anyone has a clue what should i be ready to expect?:confused:
    Is it gonna be formal or informal and are they gonna test my knowledge about current affairs or just chat about me and my whereabouts??
    Any advice suppper welcome as i sucked at my msap test(%below 30) so guess its fair to say that my future depends on the interview;)

By the way, i havent quite understood if UCD is also holding interviews or not???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

inku wrote: »
    Got an email today from DCU asking me to go for an interview on 22nd of this month. I applied for International Relations...was wondering if anyone has a clue what should i be ready to expect?:confused:
    Is it gonna be formal or informal and are they gonna test my knowledge about current affairs or just chat about me and my whereabouts??
    Any advice suppper welcome as i sucked at my msap test(%below 30) so guess its fair to say that my future depends on the interview;)

By the way, i havent quite understood if UCD is also holding interviews or not???

I had an interview for a Grad dip I did through DCU a few years ago, and it was very informal, brief chat about my interest in the course, but it was mostly about where I was then, where I wanted to go, and how I saw the Grad dip helping that ambition.
    As to UCD, I stand to be corrected on this, but they don't seem to hold an interview for every course. I know I noticed in the prospectus (for the science courses anyways) that some were judged on application alone, others were interviewed based. Best bets maybe is to ring your prospective school head to find out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 inku

Thanks Jessibelle, so lets hope they`ll keep it simple this time aswell:D

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭isabell

I have one interview on 28th this month:D Event Management in DKIT. I'm still waiting for any news from DIT

Two interviews lined up now, DCU on 21st April and Carlow IT on 11th May, have heard nothing from UCD yet, DIT will probably start contacting people about interview slots v soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭isabell

I hope so because I would like have all done before June :D (just to relax a bit..........D)

Advertisement