Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Vw T5 panel windows

• 23-02-2010 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

If I fit two side windows to my Vw T5 will I have problems with DOE I don't want to fit seats in rear just windows. . .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 joncollier

No problems, seats are out. windows are only a problem if your importing it as a commercial. Pop up roofs are ok to !:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 battycow

Do T5's quallify under campervan tax ? If your converting them what do you have to do to get them fit for the campervan tax? I read in some posts about it having to have a bed and kitchen, but I've read something about the height restriction ?? In some posts it says that a T5 is not high enough to pass and that the pop up roof doesnt make a difference. Is this right ?

Pop up roofs are OK, the last van I converted: http://youtu.be/GpWDBajh8_s
    was taxed no problem as a camper, they just inspected the van and changed the tax over from commercial.....no mention of VRT either:)
    cheers
    jon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

joncollier wrote: »
    Pop up roofs are OK, the last van I converted: http://youtu.be/GpWDBajh8_s
    was taxed no problem as a camper, they just inspected the van and changed the tax over from commercial.....no mention of VRT either:)
    cheers
    jon
    I´m afraid times have chanbged since you´ve converted you´re camper. Check out my thread on Re-classifying your conversion in this forum, should give you some pointers.

It was only a month ago that the motor tax was reclassified as a camper ,yes i'm aware of these new rules but if you steer clear of the VRT people and manage to get it taxed as a camper you should be ok, I don't think the motor tax and the VRT people speak to each other....this will be the fifth van that i've converted where road tax as a camper has been given without mention of the vrt.. So just head straight to the motor tax office and don't bother with the VRT paper work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

It was only a month ago that the motor tax was reclassified as a camper ,yes i'm aware of these new rules but if you steer clear of the VRT people and manage to get it taxed as a camper you should be ok, I don't think the motor tax and the VRT people speak to each other....this will be the fifth van that i've converted where road tax as a camper has been given without mention of the vrt.. So just head straight to the motor tax office and don't bother with the VRT paper work.

You can't tax a commercial van as a camper, else everyone would be doing it. It needs to be re-classified on the log book as a MotorCaravan and then you can avail of the cheaper tax.

Technically speaking your correct, but this being Ireland not all motor tax offices are up to speed on things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Technically speaking your correct, but this being Ireland not all motor tax offices are up to speed on things.

Is it still a van on the vehicle registration document then?

Advertisement