Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

confused? draught excluders

• 23-02-2010 7:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

OK im looking for draught excluders what on earth is the difference with d p and e profiles? I just want to attach it to the edge of the opening windows to close tighter to the excisting window seals

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭emanresu

Each of the D, P and E Profiles looks like the capital letter of the alphabet that it is called after, if you look at them from the end.

There are pictures of each of them here: D, P, E, (zoom in on the pics),
    and also pictures of a different brand of the E and P types here.

There is adhesive tape on the flat side.
    The above links give the gap size that each type would be suitable for,
    or it will be stated on the packaging in a hardware shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

thanks mate so if i got the d type I imagine the idea is to close the window onto the frame so the d squashes out and aroud the edge to get a better seal?

I have the normal black seal on the windows at the mo but there is still gaps you can hear the air coming in so think this could be an easy fix or do i need to replace the black seal or would a top up of white on the actual window be enough ?

Advertisement