Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short-term house/apartment rental?

Options
  • 23-02-2010 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Last year, I tried to source a land-lord/house-owner in the Greystones or Delgany area, who would let me rent their property for two weeks, like a holiday rental.

I was willing to pay my share in ESB etc. but do you think I could find anywhere?

Either the owners were not interested in any kind of income from their property by saying they only do long-term rental contracts, or they wanted to charge the equivalent of a full month`s rental!
    And one person even had the gall to want to charge me "Water Rates" on top of it all !!! And all of these properties had been standing empty long before, and long after my enquiries.

I will be looking for a place to rent again in Greystones/Delgany next Christmas, but will probably end up renting a holiday apartment in Newcastle. Which is a wonderful place, by the way, just a bit far out from Greystones.

There is no "Holiday Rental" properties in Greystones that I am aware of... maybe owners of an empty house should look into that as an income source!

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

have you tried the house swap websites. You might be lucky enough to find someone who would want to swap for 2 weeks or so for free. Where are you coming from?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Clodagh84

Thank you, Dr Ro... that is a good idea! Coming from the States.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

I know that DAFT offers short term rentals, and I've seen them in Greystones before. I suppose you could check closer to the time for availabilty...

Advertisement