Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ry-Ko Grappling gloves??

• 23-02-2010 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭

rk412-414_a.jpgWould it be a good investment to get a pair of these for ju jitsu?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,094 ✭✭✭cletus

no, if your just doing jitz you wont need a pair of mma gloves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Is it Brazilian Jitz your doing?.

Also, why not as your instructors what equipement you'll need?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Doug Cartel

Dude, just concentrate on finding a school and going to a few classes first. They'll let you know if you need to purchase any equipment. All you'll probably need to start is a gum shield.

^and groin guard

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Daniel2oo9

im doing bjj i have shorts these:VENUM-BLACK-MAMBA-SHORTS-2T.jpg

i dont have a groin guard or a gumshield os every gumshield i get never works man

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

You don't need gloves for BJJ.

What club are you training with?.

Put the gumshield in hot water, then bite into it. It should work fine then.

What club are you training with?

EDIT: My internet is sloooooooooow today.

dude, ive been training for a while, i train in shorts i got from pennys, you dont need expensive gear, especially starting out. get a 20 euro shock doctor mouth guard, they're pretty good to start with, and a groin guard should be about a tenner. concentrate on actually training to begin with

im trainin in liam beechinors bjj

I use a gumshield I picked up for €2.50. It's more than enough for rolling. The expensive groin guards are worth it though - cheep, inflexible ones can slide off and cut right into your bits when grappling.

• Advertisement

Daniel2oo9 wrote: »
    im trainin in liam beechinors bjj

Liam Beechinor already posted that he doesn't have any 15 year olds training with him.

Doug, he started asking last week about training in cork, not sure if hes actually one, or if hes a troll

No im starting on saturday

Daniel,I'm not a mod or anything, but some friendly advice; you've been given some good advice thus far on this forum, but now its time to just go and train. post back in a couple of weeks and let us all know how your getting on, but stop making threads about buying equipment for a sport you havent even started training in

Advertisement