Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

free parking in cork???

Options
  • 23-02-2010 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I have lived and worked in cok for ten years after moving from NZ to marry a Corkonian.

I have always travelled by train from Mallow to and from work, until I wa made redundant last year.

Have now started up my own wee venture and am looking to get a small cheap office just off Oliver Plunkett st.

However I will need to have the car with me everyday as I could have to suddenly take off to any part of the country at any time (delivery work)

Now does anyone know where there is a crafty spot to parkthat is legal and falls between the disc parking? or else a car park that is really cheap for all day-weekly parking (say €20 ish a week or so)
    the disc parking is €2 for 2 hours which is great, but they get antsy and want you to leave after 2 hours. Another disc wot be accepted because you have a max 2 hour stay at the location.
    Please help.... any ideas... Thankyou.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭cc

not sure if such crafty parking spots exist close to where you need to be. Best thing might be to rent a parking spot. There is a section on daft.ie for that. You shoud be able to rent a spot in an apartment complex for about 100 a month or there abouts. See link below:

http://www.daft.ie/searchparking.daft?s[cc_id]=ct3&s[mnp]=&s[mxp]=&s[pt_id]=&refine.x=40&refine.y=19&refine=Refine&search=1&s[search_type]=parking&s[furn]=&s[refreshmap]=1&search_type=parking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

I'd aggree, there are no real crafty parking spots around the city - if there are they would be well taken each day and if they did exist you would not be guaranteed a spot each morning (stress) You should look into renting a spot - this would be an expense you could partly write off against your tax bill. There is a tyre repair centre near the south terace (morrissey's??) that rent out parking spaces, my old fella rented one there for years till he retired, I remeber it was cheap - don't know about now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

There was a few such "crafty" spots around the city up until recently. You needed to be in there early or they were full (used by and large by people on a very early start in the city -full by 7am).

B@stards made all the ones I knew into disc parking just before Christmas. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I know a place in the city centre were you can get free parking provided you are in after 10.30 am and gone by 4.30.

A young fella is supposed to stay there all day but he fecks off and comes back around 4.30. very handy for 2-3 hour stops. And even if you are caught it is only €10 for the day and if you tell him you only arrived 3 hours ago...he charges €5....

Keeping it to myself though....:P

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭cc

i'd say let the OP know by pm maybe or else be damned! :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement