Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New i7 Build (yet another one of these posts)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Solitaire wrote: »
    AFAIK they're supposed to be just a hair faster, a hair better-binned and a hair better on average OC (more units exceeding 4.3GHz stable). In return they cost about the same, although retailers will keep the prices raised while they shift their existing i7-920 inventories :rolleyes:
    the 920 price has increased( on average _ in the previous weeks because theyre going to be rate when the 930 becomes common.

also apparently the 920 D0 batches in the past few months arent supposed to yield as high an overclock as those from mid last year apparently due to intels reshuffling of cpu's and the market theyre intended for. I cant personally confirm that so its just rumours, but id be inclined to believe them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭DECEiFER

Ebuyer is possibly one of the worst web interfaces I have dealt with, and their Customer Service is usually effortless. They still have not fixed the problem with Irish phone numbers not being valid on sign-up, despite the REP123 postcode addition. Though, they are cheaper than Irish retailers, and that's the only reason I personally went with them. Plus, their deliveries are usually prompt, sometimes a day quicker than companies here. I much prefer dealing with Komplett, they seem more human. If only their prices could match those from the UK, or be realistically close in mostly every product since our VAT rate is higher than the UK's current rate at 17.5%. :)

The i7 I'm getting is D0. People have expressed delight over its overclocking ability, and these are the types that break the 4.0GHz threshold. I'm only planning on going as far as 3.2GHz. I don't want to take the piss, and I'm only going to be using air cooling.

DECEiFER wrote: »
    The i7 I'm getting is D0. People have expressed delight over its overclocking ability, and these are the types that break the 4.0GHz threshold. I'm only planning on going as far as 3.2GHz. I don't want to take the piss, and I'm only going to be using air cooling.
    yeah, the D0 is the best, rumour has it that they nerfed them slightly so they dont overclock as well, i cant confirm it though.
    Theyre easy to overclock, took about 30 mins to OC mine to 4Ghz, then run a 4-5 hour prime95 torture test. I cant remember if your cooler is stock, if so 3.2-3.3Ghz is about as high as i would go with the stock one, im on air too, with a Noctua.

lmimmfn wrote: »
    yeah, the D0 is the best, rumour has it that they nerfed them slightly so they dont overclock as well, i cant confirm it though.
    Theyre easy to overclock, took about 30 mins to OC mine to 4Ghz, then run a 4-5 hour prime95 torture test. I cant remember if your cooler is stock, if so 3.2-3.3Ghz is about as high as i would go with the stock one, im on air too, with a Noctua.
    For now, I'm staying with stock, and only going up to 3.2GHz anyhow. The reasons being money, and I'd want a cooler that doesn't go over the first DIMM. I've heard of people who have burned out their DIMM due to the heatsink being so wide that it goes over the DIMM and...well...

Thanks man!

Well, I finally got a hold of it today. The courier tried delivering on Wednesday, a day early, but I was out, since I wasn't expecting it.

Here's some photos of the build:

P1020061%20%5B1600x1200%5D_thumb.jpg

P1020062%20%5B1600x1200%5D_thumb.jpg

P1020063%20%5B1600x1200%5D_thumb.jpg

P1020064%20%5B1600x1200%5D_thumb.jpg

The old yoke after being butchered for parts:

P1020072%20%5B1600x1200%5D_thumb.jpg

P1020074%20%5B1600x1200%5D_thumb.jpg

• Advertisement

excellent, looking good, happy with the benchies? have ya tried GTA IV yet?

excellent, looking good, happy with the benchies? have ya tried GTA IV yet?
    And what benchies might those be? :P

Nah, not today. I decided to be lazy and not bother to install Windows 7 again, so I used the ones I was using on the old machine. Seemed like a good idea, because I'm using the same hard disk anyhow, and it's only for a day.

I dual-boot Windows 7 x86 and x64. My x86 installation fared out OK. The x64 one still seems to be treating my CPU has a Core 2 Duo, despite CPUID and the Device Manager saying otherwise. Only 2 processor affinities, and the temperatures in Everest are very high. Looks like that needs to be re-installed ASAP. Plus, the x64 installation only gives a 5.4 Windows Experience Index rating. It's not good. :eek:

GTA IV feels great. I sometimes creep down into the 30's but I'm getting as high as the late 60's or early 70's in some parts of Liberty City. Much better than before. It's just a god-awful port anyhow. I don't know of any other game that would be so erratic.

I'll post back once I've re-installed both my OS's and have some stats to report to you.

P.S. I will have to get used to the draft coming from the top 200mm fan on the HAF. It's odd when you're not used to it.

Little cheesy joke I've been spreading around. The case is called The HAF, my name is David, so I guess I could call the PC The David HasselHAF? :pac:

Thank you, thank you, I'm here all night! :D

lol, thats a crap joke.

You need to reinstall the OS because the HAL is completely different from Core 2. If its only showing 2 processors it will seriously seriously affect GTA performance and you shouldnt be getting fluctuations.

Ive only installed Win 7 a few days ago as i was on the RC before that and the Windows Experience wouldnt work with this 5850 due to ati drivers, i never tried it since i first installed so probably fixed now.

but yeah reinstall and let us know.

My case doesnt have a fan at the top, but i can imagine it would be weird, i dont think i would be cold if i had one, the heat coming out the back of my pc is quite something with the i7 OC and 5850 + 8800GT overclocked lol.

lol, thats a crap joke.
    That's what everyone says. :(
    You need to reinstall the OS because the HAL is completely different from Core 2. If its only showing 2 processors it will seriously seriously affect GTA performance and you shouldnt be getting fluctuations.

Ive only installed Win 7 a few days ago as i was on the RC before that and the Windows Experience wouldnt work with this 5850 due to ati drivers, i never tried it since i first installed so probably fixed now.

but yeah reinstall and let us know.

My case doesnt have a fan at the top, but i can imagine it would be weird, i dont think i would be cold if i had one, the heat coming out the back of my pc is quite something with the i7 OC and 5850 + 8800GT overclocked lol.
    I had a feeling HAL would be mentioned in your reply. Yeah, I'd hope that after the re-install of even the seemingly functional x86, that there would be improvements.

Why did you stick with the RC for so long? I hopped on Windows 7 as soon as the RTM leaked in July... Well, when I say leaked, I mean announced that build 7600 was it. But after August 6th I got myself a proper .iso from MSDN through a trustworthy torrent.

I find that the HAF is poorly engineered. The idea is brilliant, but it's the little things. Like taking off the side panel. You have to pull awfully hard (bear in mind, there are no obstructions), and putting it back on again, trying to get it to slide back and match the damn hole at the back to place in the thumb screw... Now, most of it is fine. But for just £80, I guess a case boasting so much would have to cut corners somewhere. Even the top fan rattles against the case grill from time to time. Little cheap stuff like that. Still, I don't regret buying it. It's still fantastic for the price.

Do you have your case underneath a desk? I do, so I can't feel any heat from the back, just that damn draft! :mad:

That's what everyone says. :(
    I had a feeling HAL would be mentioned in your reply. Yeah, I'd hope that after the re-install of even the seemingly functional x86, that there would be improvements.
    Youll get huge improvements guaranteed, i was actually messing with Vista one time and forced 4 cores for startup, i played GTA IV one day and it ran like absolute crap, took me several days to figure out, it reverted back to 2 cores but with hyperthreading was showing 4 cores in taskmanager( i know its 8 normally for the 920 but i disabled hyperthreading around that time also ), anyways i set it back and there were huge improvements in GTA IV.
    Why did you stick with the RC for so long? I hopped on Windows 7 as soon as the RTM leaked in July... Well, when I say leaked, I mean announced that build 7600 was it. But after August 6th I got myself a proper .iso from MSDN through a trustworthy torrent.
    Long story, waiting for a mate to pick me up a cheap legit copy of Win 7 ultimate( 30euro boxed lol )

Anyways couldnt meet up with him for ages but had a 5850 and 8800gt and wanted to run physx, by the time i got win 7 ultimate i had so much stuff installed i was quite happy with it and couldnt be arsed reinstalling lol.

Tbh it was the nightmare i predicted reinstalling it, getting stuff like physx to work and reinstalling everything and tweaking it, but seems reasonable now only steam games from my other drives no longer work grrrr( they've always worked through multiple XP/vista installs and is one of the reasons i like/liked steam , could be the new beta UI though ).
    I find that the HAF is poorly engineered. The idea is brilliant, but it's the little things. Like taking off the side panel. You have to pull awfully hard (bear in mind, there are no obstructions), and putting it back on again, trying to get it to slide back and match the damn hole at the back to place in the thumb screw... Now, most of it is fine. But for just £80, I guess a case boasting so much would have to cut corners somewhere. Even the top fan rattles against the case grill from time to time. Little cheap stuff like that. Still, I don't regret buying it. It's still fantastic for the price.
    yeah it looks kinda cool, im a strong believer in basic heavy duty cases so have my Gigabyte Aurora( cost about 140 when i got it ) for the past 4-5 years, all aluminium with steel door( good as i constantly walk into it and snap it lol ), ive also knocked it over once while drinking lol, old trusty evga 680i survived it no bother only for sparking on USB on the side if i connected anything so dont use the side usb on the case now lol.

Its difficult to find a perfect case, one of my fans whines the odd time, i think its from cleanning it or summit but it rarely does it and its quite low so its ok watching tv even whiles its being noisy

Do you have your case underneath a desk? I do, so I can't feel any heat from the back, just that damn draft! :mad:

I dont have it under the desk lol, its far too big, you can see the mess here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgdS8aSgEiw lol, its after the first part.

but yes, i think the top blowing fan would annoy the crap out of me, in fact id love to start a company with a PC case which inverts the side the mobo is on so people can actually put the pc sitting against a wall on the left side, FFS its stupid at this stage that you have to alter loads just because the grills are always on the left.

• Advertisement

Youll get huge improvements guaranteed, i was actually messing with Vista one time and forced 4 cores for startup, i played GTA IV one day and it ran like absolute crap, took me several days to figure out, it reverted back to 2 cores but with hyperthreading was showing 4 cores in taskmanager( i know its 8 normally for the 920 but i disabled hyperthreading around that time also ), anyways i set it back and there were huge improvements in GTA IV.
    I'm going to do the OS's today. I've burned the discs again from those ISO's. Can't wait to see this PC work at peak.

Long story, waiting for a mate to pick me up a cheap legit copy of Win 7 ultimate( 30euro boxed lol )

Anyways couldnt meet up with him for ages but had a 5850 and 8800gt and wanted to run physx, by the time i got win 7 ultimate i had so much stuff installed i was quite happy with it and couldnt be arsed reinstalling lol.

Tbh it was the nightmare i predicted reinstalling it, getting stuff like physx to work and reinstalling everything and tweaking it, but seems reasonable now only steam games from my other drives no longer work grrrr( they've always worked through multiple XP/vista installs and is one of the reasons i like/liked steam , could be the new beta UI though ).
    I do have a legit key for Windows 7 Professional from my MSDN Academic Alliance membership, but I want to use Ultimate. :D

I have never paid for an OS before. Even back in the early 90's, 3.5" diskettes used to do the rounds with DOS 6.xx and Windows 95, before I obtained a CD for it. Despite it all, I love Windows 7. I used to be loyal to XP, but as soon as I tried 7, I knew I wanted that to be my main OS and I haven't used XP since, on my own machine at least.

yeah it looks kinda cool, im a strong believer in basic heavy duty cases so have my Gigabyte Aurora( cost about 140 when i got it ) for the past 4-5 years, all aluminium with steel door( good as i constantly walk into it and snap it lol ), ive also knocked it over once while drinking lol, old trusty evga 680i survived it no bother only for sparking on USB on the side if i connected anything so dont use the side usb on the case now lol.

Its difficult to find a perfect case, one of my fans whines the odd time, i think its from cleanning it or summit but it rarely does it and its quite low so its ok watching tv even whiles its being noisy

I dont have it under the desk lol, its far too big, you can see the mess here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgdS8aSgEiw lol, its after the first part.

but yes, i think the top blowing fan would annoy the crap out of me, in fact id love to start a company with a PC case which inverts the side the mobo is on so people can actually put the pc sitting against a wall on the left side, FFS its stupid at this stage that you have to alter loads just because the grills are always on the left.
    You're a nut job. Ha ha. I take it you're into car racing games? What do you make of Need for Speed Undercover? I like it better than the others, along with Underground 2, because of the free roam. I haven't tried Shift. I don't know, I just like the free roam and the cheesy storyline.

I'm overclocking the 920 to 3.20GHz, and the memory is set at 1604MHz @ 1.64v (it's got to be either 1.64v or 1.66v, as my BIOS only increments/decrements in 0.02).

I have the Vcore set at 1.5v-1.6v, I did have it at 1.8v, but I wanted to try it out lower. I did an Extended memory test using Windows' Memory Diagnostics, and that went well. I wonder if I can go lower than 1.5v? I'll have to test. I'm doing Intel Burn Test right now, but it's only in x86 and using 1980MB of RAM, but it's going grand. Out of 100 runs it's done 73 as I type this. I must find out what the Vcore runs at when the stock clocks are at full speed with load-line calibration enabled to reduce Vdroop, so I can base it on that. I doubt much voltage increase would be needed, if it's anything as good at overclocking as my E8400 was (3.00GHz to 3.60GHz with little to no voltage increase), since the amount I'm overclocking the 920 by is nearly the same.

see in bold first dude :)
    I'm going to do the OS's today. I've burned the discs again from those ISO's. Can't wait to see this PC work at peak.

I do have a legit key for Windows 7 Professional from my MSDN Academic Alliance membership, but I want to use Ultimate. :D

I have never paid for an OS before. Even back in the early 90's, 3.5" diskettes used to do the rounds with DOS 6.xx and Windows 95, before I obtained a CD for it. Despite it all, I love Windows 7. I used to be loyal to XP, but as soon as I tried 7, I knew I wanted that to be my main OS and I haven't used XP since, on my own machine at least.
    Yeah i like windows 7, much much better than vista which sucked lol. I get the OS's cheap so i buy all of them but i dont think i would if i had to pay full price as theyre pretty expensive. Id probably buy every second one as they seem to be the best
    You're a nut job. Ha ha. I take it you're into car racing games? What do you make of Need for Speed Undercover? I like it better than the others, along with Underground 2, because of the free roam. I haven't tried Shift. I don't know, I just like the free roam and the cheesy storyline.
    Ahh im not mad into driving games, i just like to mess about with stuff lol, the 3 screen setup with the wheel cost about 180euro to setup( 50 for 8800gt, 50 for wheel and pedals and 80 for the 19" on the left ) as all the parts were second hand. The setup works great for flying games also, its good fun to mess about with and i like the immersion, im hopinh to get 3x24"'s in the next year or so, i wanted to check it out if i liked it first before spending a fortune on it lol.

I'm overclocking the 920 to 3.20GHz, and the memory is set at 1604MHz @ 1.64v (it's got to be either 1.64v or 1.66v, as my BIOS only increments/decrements in 0.02).

I have the Vcore set at 1.5v-1.6v, I did have it at 1.8v, but I wanted to try it out lower. I did an Extended memory test using Windows' Memory Diagnostics, and that went well. I wonder if I can go lower than 1.5v? I'll have to test. I'm doing Intel Burn Test right now, but it's only in x86 and using 1980MB of RAM, but it's going grand. Out of 100 runs it's done 73 as I type this. I must find out what the Vcore runs at when the stock clocks are at full speed with load-line calibration enabled to reduce Vdroop, so I can base it on that. I doubt much voltage increase would be needed, if it's anything as good at overclocking as my E8400 was (3.00GHz to 3.60GHz with little to no voltage increase), since the amount I'm overclocking the 920 by is nearly the same.
    Nooooooooo, thats insane dude, it only needs about 1.28vcore for a 4Ghz overclock, are you sure its the vcore thats at that? remove the overclock immediately and set the vcore on default, the temps must be insane?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Nooooooooo, thats insane dude, it only needs about 1.28vcore for a 4Ghz overclock, are you sure its the vcore thats at that? remove the overclock immediately and set the vcore on default, the temps must be insane?

Holy mother of divine jaysus do what the man says sharpish or new rig not gonna last long.
    I will say that it may need up to 1.35v (its rare though for a d0) if you have a bad chip.

Ooops. Did I forget to add a 1 somewhere in my figures? I think I did.

1.5-1.6 is actually 1.15-1.16. Damn, that's the second time I've done that, posted outrageous voltages as a typo. I don't want to kill my CPU. :)

Ooops. Did I forget to add a 1 somewhere in my figures? I think I did.

1.5-1.6 is actually 1.15-1.16. Damn, that's the second time I've done that, posted outrageous voltages as a typo. I don't want to kill my CPU. :)
    lol, i thought you were close to destroying the cpu, thats a pretty good vcore for 3.2Ghz

lol, i thought you were close to destroying the cpu, thats a pretty good vcore for 3.2Ghz
    Thanks man, I'm trying out different settings all the time, but I don't have any intention of going over 1.19v (damn, nearly did it again, had to double check if that 1 was put in there)!

Took some FRAPS benchmarks from GTA IV. I'm running it at 1280x1024@75Hz with High Texture Quality, High Reflection Resolution, High Water Quality, Medium Shadow Quality, Very High Render Quality, 31 View Distance, 70 Detail Distance, 51 Vehicle Density, 10 Shadow Density - pretty much the automatic defaults suggested except for Render Quality which was auto set at High. Some runs have Vsync on, and some don't. Some are in Algonquin and some are in Broker, in that order.

2010-03-07 05:51:27 - GTAIV
    Frames: 3725 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 62.083 - Min: 40 - Max: 74

2010-03-07 05:55:26 - GTAIV
    Frames: 3410 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 56.833 - Min: 33 - Max: 77

2010-03-07 05:56:50 - GTAIV
    Frames: 3731 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 62.183 - Min: 39 - Max: 78

2010-03-07 06:19:19 - GTAIV
    Frames: 3545 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 59.083 - Min: 42 - Max: 88

2010-03-07 06:24:45 - GTAIV
    Frames: 5027 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 83.783 - Min: 52 - Max: 103

2010-03-07 06:31:03 - GTAIV
    Frames: 4184 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 69.733 - Min: 57 - Max: 77

2010-03-07 06:33:34 - GTAIV
    Frames: 4241 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 70.683 - Min: 52 - Max: 78
    I still notice a tad bit of lag, like a jerk, at seemingly random points. I think it may be the hard drive as it's the same drive as my OS is on (Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB), only on a different partition. Damn that game, it's one dreadful port.

How do they compare? :)

EDIT - Disk Benchmarks:

HDD-Benchmark.png

The top one is the main SATA drive, and I did one of my 500GB IDE drives (which I just use for movies, TV shows, and music) below it just to compare.

those benchies look pretty good, GTA IV in general isint gpu intensive( unless the draw distance is knocked way up ), so you if you had a higher res monitor you wouldnt notice much of a decrease in framerates.

Damn that Spinpoint benches well, for the lag it could be windows crap kicking in in the background. I only get lag if i leave the game running for over an hour as it starts cheing memory.

those benchies look pretty good, GTA IV in general isint gpu intensive( unless the draw distance is knocked way up ), so you if you had a higher res monitor you wouldnt notice much of a decrease in framerates.

Damn that Spinpoint benches well, for the lag it could be windows crap kicking in in the background. I only get lag if i leave the game running for over an hour as it starts cheing memory.
    The lag is there immediately. I could maybe take a video and upload it, but I think you get the idea. :)

I'm wondering though, if I took one of my SATA 150 drives out of retirement and used it for GTA IV...what do you think? Those don't benchmark that good at all. I remember the latency was more like 18-20ms and the transfer speeds in Everest were much lower compared to my Samsung.

But as for memory, I am using my x86 installation for gaming. I only get 2.99GB of usage from my 6GB of RAM. I wonder if I use x64 for GTA IV...

The lag is there immediately. I could maybe take a video and upload it, but I think you get the idea. :)

I'm wondering though, if I took one of my SATA 150 drives out of retirement and used it for GTA IV...what do you think? Those don't benchmark that good at all. I remember the latency was more like 18-20ms and the transfer speeds in Everest were much lower compared to my Samsung.

But as for memory, I am using my x86 installation for gaming. I only get 2.99GB of usage from my 6GB of RAM. I wonder if I use x64 for GTA IV...
    It depends on if you've tuned windows 7 or not? my harddrive is rarely accessing anything other than whatever games i am playing so i rarely have any of those access issues.

Hmm, definately try the x64 version, i have only 3 gigs of ram( long story involving 3 gigs costing 150euro + cant get just another 3 due to the cooler being in the way ), but it chews on my memory after a while, try it first, should definately improve it a bit.

Also you might need to tweak the video settings as it might be using too much vram and paging from physical mem to vram and back again.

It depends on if you've tuned windows 7 or not? my harddrive is rarely accessing anything other than whatever games i am playing so i rarely have any of those access issues.

Hmm, definately try the x64 version, i have only 3 gigs of ram( long story involving 3 gigs costing 150euro + cant get just another 3 due to the cooler being in the way ), but it chews on my memory after a while, try it first, should definately improve it a bit.

Also you might need to tweak the video settings as it might be using too much vram and paging from physical mem to vram and back again.
    It's definitely better now in x64. I looked at the memory consumption in Task Manager and saw it closing in on 4GB. I'm happy now. :)

In-fact, I've made an aul' vidyo. But FRAPS is gay, so it doesn't look as good as the reality when FRAPS isn't recording. Also, some clips were missing the in-game sound (again, FRAPS is gay), so I just did it along to a cheesy 80's goth metal tune that I like (you'll see). I'm encoding it now in 900x720@60 H.264 (though, I should have recorded at 30 FPS instead so that it would be more uniform in the video), so another 15 minutes to go before I upload all 330MB (appox.) of it to YouTube. I'll post the fecker here when I'm done. It's not very exciting. I'll have to stir up more sh1t next time. :D

PSA: My driving sucks. :eek:

• Advertisement

lol, good video dude, looks like youre enjoying the drive around the city :)

Im looking forward to the new pack at the end of the month and the vid nearly makes me wanna play but Bad Company 2 has taking over as game of the moment :)

Can't wait for March 30th. Pity my video hasn't been fully processed yet, so the 720p isn't available. You should check back later or tomorrow for it.

I'm trying to get Bad Company 1, but can't find it anywheres! I still play Battlefield 2142. Excellent game! How does Bad Company 2 compare to the first?

EDIT: 720p is up and running. :)

Can't wait for March 30th. Pity my video hasn't been fully processed yet, so the 720p isn't available. You should check back later or tomorrow for it.

I'm trying to get Bad Company 1, but can't find it anywheres! I still play Battlefield 2142. Excellent game! How does Bad Company 2 compare to the first?

EDIT: 720p is up and running. :)
    ill check back when the 720p is available :)

BC1 was never released on PC, were you looking for it on PC? BC2 is a million times better than the first and is more like Battlefield 2 which im a huge fan of( 1500+ hours lol ), its not as good gameplay wise as BF2 but isint far off and looks great. Let me know if you get it and ill add you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

I'm trying to get Bad Company 1 Excellent game! How does Bad Company 2 compare to the first?

Bad company 1 wasnt released on Pc

Edit: Damn you lmimmfn!!!!! :P

Sh1t! No wonder why I can't find it. Duh! *slaps self*

I just automatically assumed that since the second was coming out, that the first would have.

Was never much into Battlefield 2. I have a copy, but Battlefield 2142, Titan mode, Suez Canal...truly epic. I just love all that futuristic junk.

Yeah man, I'll drop you a PM when I get it.

I've noticed since installing Windows 7 that it boots even slower than it did on my Core 2 Duo installation. I'm going to start a new thread about it. I reckon there's a delay on one of the processes or services. Thing is, I'm loading up less than I was before, and nothing different. Same everything, including video driver with CCC. I'm stumped!

I wonder if there's a way to check the time taken for processes and services to start, to find what is causing the delay, where it's getting stuck?

Grim. wrote: »
    Bad company 1 wasnt released on Pc

Edit: Damn you lmimmfn!!!!! :P
    lol :P

As for the boot logging, apparently SysInternals Process Monitor has boot logging with timestamps( default windows one doesnt have timestamps which sux ) - http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-3937200.php

lol :P

As for the boot logging, apparently SysInternals Process Monitor has boot logging with timestamps( default windows one doesnt have timestamps which sux ) - http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-3937200.php
    I'll give that a go tomorrow so, thanks again!

• Advertisement

Forgot to do one of these and post it:

cachemem.png

Advertisement