Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New i7 Build (yet another one of these posts)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

no probs dude, ohh im scared to post my mem benchies in case theyre crap lol, nah ill post mine tomorrow just for a comparison

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Oh, trust me, they will be! :P All memory benchmarks fail against the might of triple channel!! :D

Solitaire wrote: »
    Oh, trust me, they will be! :P All memory benchmarks fail against the might of triple channel!! :D
    mine are tripple channel ill let ya know :P id post now but i need to reinstall Everest after in installed Windows 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭DECEiFER

lmimmfn wrote: »
    mine are tripple channel ill let ya know :P id post now but i need to reinstall Everest after in installed Windows 7.
    Make sure to use 5.3.1900, I hear it's the only one that handles i7's properly. :)

yeah i had to use a trial version of 5.3, im currently running my mem lower than i normally run it( i.e. 1580 insteat of 1600 ) as im trying to get back my 4.05Ghz( 1.92 bclk ) overclock and tinkering with it. This is what i got, stupid trial blanks out stuff:
    everestmembenchie.jpg

Not that much difference considering the OC difference.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Wow! Looks like CL8 just edges past the 1600MHz stuff! :)

Solitaire wrote: »
    Wow! Looks like CL8 just edges past the 1600MHz stuff! :)
    definately, but i think the QPI affects it also which is linked to the OC.

I never notice much real world difference from tight timings on mem though tbh.

Advertisement